Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jediscroller
    replied
    I don't use elements either but I know quite a few folks love it. I believe Gary Browning and zaffino both use it as well. I use PSP8 along with Corel Draw for mine. It's all a matter of what you're used to. I've seen fine patterns made with all different software. The software is just a tool.
    I'd opt for the auction site as well, or even the bargain bins in computer stores, you'd be amazed at what can be had for $10.

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    My version of PSP is 9, and it does more than anything I ask of it. I know a lot of pattern designers enjoy success with versions 7 and 8. Mike's tip about spending a few bucks on an internet auction site is a good one - that's where mine came from too.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    I've got Photoshop Elements and it didn't do anything for me for patterns. I went on Ebay and got PSP 10 for around $30 and it works great.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I'd go for GIMP...it's the open source version of the full photoshop...and it's free!

Google GIMP to find it.

Then Google Inkscape for a free vector-art program for when you really get into pattern making!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    started a topic Photoshop Elements

Photoshop Elements

does anyone have any experience with Adobe Photoshop Elements SAM's has it for 70 USD and I am wondering its is worth buying for pattern making?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
    Yesterday, 07:00 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    No. I haven't tried that yet...
    Yesterday, 06:55 PM
  • Chance13
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Chance13
    I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
    Yesterday, 11:08 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Rolf
    We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
    Yesterday, 07:59 AM
  • markdavd
    Reply to Frustrated
    by markdavd
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
    05-21-2022, 10:03 AM
Working...
X