No announcement yet.

Needs help with pattern information....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs help with pattern information....

I noticed that some people are able to use pictures for scroll work patterns... how do they convert the picture into a pattern? i would love to make a pattern out of a picture of my wife and i... can someone help?

Hi Michael and welcome to the family. There is another thread under General Scroll Saw called Portraits using psp9. (Sorry I don't know how to give you redirect). Anyway, check that thread out. It should answer some of your questions.

Scott
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

This should redirect i think ...

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8833
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

I've got a tutorial (6Mbytes) by Andy Deane that I can email you if you like. It does require PaintShop Pro but the concept can be transferred to most graphics programs. This tutorial is not currently available on Andy's website and I'm not sure why.
        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDingas
          I've got a tutorial (6Mbytes) by Andy Deane that I can email you if you like. It does require PaintShop Pro but the concept can be transferred to most graphics programs. This tutorial is not currently available on Andy's website and I'm not sure why.
          Is this the one you mean Mike? http://www.freewebtown.com/80ArtDesigns/page1.html

I bookmarked it when Gill posted it a week or so back - it's a nice clearly written tutorial ..
          Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

That's a great article! I use PhotoShop instead of PSP but most of the procedures still apply. The part that helped me the most was where he explained how to equate your picture dpi and actual blade sizes to the correct size brush in PSP. I've been using a #3 pen tip size in PhotoShop. I'll try a couple different sizes to see how they compare. I haven't tried any of my new patterns yet but they look good at the resolution and picture size I use.

MAN I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!
            Pop
            Delta 16" 40-530
            Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Yes, Ian, that's it. Guess I got lazy trying to find it.
              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Coyote Software is another option. Ozarkhilbilly and Canadian Scroller both have experience with it. I have it on my PC at home, but haven't spent much time with it yet!

IF you are looking for a good photo program, google GIMP...it's an open source version of Photoshop that I've been very impressed with (again, have it on my home PC). The best thing is that it's free!

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                  Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                  by will8989
                  Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                  Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by will8989
                  Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                  Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                  Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Sundays market
                  by will8989
                  We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                  Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                Working...
                X