3d easter egg issue 26 confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d easter egg issue 26 confusion

In issue 26 there is a 3d easter egg. I cut out the six pieces and am now ready to cut the thirty degree angle. I seem confused. Do I cut a straight angle along the sides or like the 3rd pattern of the cross shows a canoe like shape. Do I follow those lines?

Thanks for the help

hi luckyhook, sorry i can't help with your problem but i'm sure someone will be along soon to help, anyway welcome to the forum and why not make a post on the welcome message board and introduce yourself to everyone, we are all very friendly and welcome new members.
    kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Jim
      DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

I actually set it up in my shop and tried it out to make sure it worked. Jim8mad has the concept right... the only thing I use the inner lines for is a guide; set the fence up so that it will begin the cut at the tip of the canoe, and run the piece throug; the angle of the table compounded with the existing curve of the piece will give you that canoe-shape...it's one of those situations where it's better to do than think about it <GRIN>

If you don't trust me, give it a shot on a piece of scrap...and don't try to follow the lines when cutting! Just use them to align the fence!

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by will8989
          I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
          Today, 12:27 PM
        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by Don in Brooklin On
          Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
          Today, 11:59 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by NC Scroller
          I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
          Today, 11:22 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to My covid angel
          by NC Scroller
          Yes I would sand all around the hand and feet to give it some depth.
          Today, 11:03 AM
        Working...
        X