Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine holder

easy to make easy to show and people enjoy the way it works 3" wide
    10" long 3/4 thick with a 1 3/8 hole drilled in at a45 degree angle 1 " from top
    Attached Files

wine bottle holder...

the holders I made, the wine bottle was tilted up...
    I gave some away as gifts and everyone loved them..
    it is a cool idea...glad to see your making them too...

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Aren't they supposed to be up?? Something about keeping the cork wet?
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD
        Aren't they supposed to be up?? Something about keeping the cork wet?
        Whats a cork? The only wine I buy comes in a box.
        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Green Frog.
          You brought back a memory.
          I used to make quite a bunch of them about 15 years ago and then got away from it when I got more into scrolling and lathe turning.They are easy to make when just done plain the way I made them but occasionally I have even seen some with nice fretwork in them.
          I had forgotten that I still had a picture of some in my computer but I checked through some of my folders and there they were..
          I think before I have my next sale I will run off another batch of them and see how they go..
          W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

My wine always comes with a screw top... LOL

Actually, the funny thing is that the screw tops actually preserve the wine better than corks, but since the "expensive" wines are corked, it's difficult to get established companies to shift...even though the screw tops are less expensive as well...

<I know, I know...fount of useless knowledge...>

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

My wine comes in a can with a "pop-top". Available in 6,12,18 and 24 packs. The higher end one comes in a bottle with twist off caps. We call it "Bubba Perigon' " or "Anheuser-Bordeaux" here down south

What angle is that cut on the bottom? My wife has a bottle of expensive Chardonnay ( 10 bucks I think ) that I'd like to use that on to get it outta the way of my "Perigon' ".
              Last edited by Capt Weasel; 01-12-2007, 06:10 PM.
              Confuscious says, "The cautious seldom err".
              Confuscious didn't own a scrollsaw either.

Comment

Mine are cut on a 45 degree angle. The hole is cut straight in on mine instead of on an angle like some do. I just round the hole over with a router and sand it.
                The trick is to use long neck bottles and adjust it in or out to achieve a balance. When properly balanced you can pound your fist on the table and it just won't topple over. It will just turn around in a circle.. Go figure .
                If using an empty bottle for display puropses some colored water can be added to get a good balance because not all bottles will balance the same way due to their size and weight. .
                W.Y.
                http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X