Clear All

• jellis
    replied
    Outstanding!
    jellis

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Those look really beautiful, Rolf. Turning may be in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Day
    replied
    Just plain and simple they are beautiful, thanks for sharing the pictures-Jim

Leave a comment:

• RangerJay
    replied
    Wow - these take the making of Christmas ornaments to a whole new level - the kind of hand-crafted ornament that will be kept and cherished for a long time - then handed down for the next generation to enjoy.

Jay

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Love them. Your work is impeccable, as always!

It's cool when more than one tool is used for a project, and each supplements the other. Way to go!

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    My smallest tool is a 3/8 spindle gauge. I will make a few smaller ones.

For the stepped bottom , I just turned a piece to the correct Dia. the cut the step to fit an then parted if off.

Leave a comment:

• sherweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments.!
    Ron,
    I didn't "NEED" for this project, but they seem a lot easier to make when every thing runs quiet and smooth and the tool rest doesn't keep getting loose. Actually they are a perfect project for a small lathe.
    Says me (spoken with true admiration) I love the work on those pieces whatever size lathe, of course I was just teasing.
    Also understand that tool upgrades and improvements are as important to us as is breathing. I was also wondering what sort of lathe tools for those tiny turnings.
    Again ... nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Scrolling Days
    replied
    Wow, Rolf, those a beautiful!

What a gift to be able to make such treasures from a hunk of branch hacked from a neighbor's tree.

Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Okie
    replied
    Do you mind telling how you cut the plate that goes in the open end of the bell? I've go am idea of how I would do it but the step in yours tells me I'm not on the same page you are .

Leave a comment:

• mtwoodguy
    replied
    Beautiful!

Are the two rings burned or colored?

Leave a comment:

• 55Fish
    replied
    Very nice work, thanks for sharing it.

Leave a comment:

• woodpix
    replied
    Very cool! And so small!

Wood Pix Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Thanks for the nice comments.!
    Ron,
    I didn't "NEED" for this project, but they seem a lot easier to make when every thing runs quiet and smooth and the tool rest doesn't keep getting loose. Actually they are a perfect project for a small lathe.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Great job Rolf!

Leave a comment:

• Okie
    replied
    Great idea, I didn't picture this when you mentioned them the other day. You asked what carbide tools I used in the other thread, I use the short ones from woodcraft, can't remember the brand and it in the 20's here in Oklahoma so I ain't going to the shop and checking :-). I bought the square rougher and the round finisher, then decided I needed the diamond shape detailer and they had just came out with it with the same handles as my others. I really like them. I cut a lot of the rain deer, but I cut the larger ones , but same pattern. Last year I gave away about 50 pens made out of them . OH, I love the Bells !

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X