• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife Loves Cats

One for the wife . . .

-----Randy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hotshot; 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

how clever is that, thats really well done.
    could you tell me what blades you use to cut coins please.
    cheers danny.

Comment

Gee, Randy, you must be using jewelers magnifying glasses for that detail.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

This is one of my easier cuttings, but I wanted to post it to show how a five minute cutting can turn out something decent. I did this piece by holding the coin directly. This was a half dollar (which I really like) which made holding it by hand feasible (though not easy).

Sammy, for this specific pattern, you could use a 0/2 and come back and touch up the detail after the initial cutting, but I believe I used the 0/8 on this one. If you've seen some of my other stuff of late, some of that required an 0/8. For very small sharp corners, 0/8 is a must. At first I didn't believe 0/8 would ever become controllable, but with a little practice, they are becoming more manageable.

Denny, I use the regular magnifier that many scrollers use, and combine that with some powerful reading glasses. There are probably better ways so I need to make friends with a jeweler since they are the pro's in this kind of thing. Other peoples cumulative experience is the best experience, I'm just not sure how to break in to that circle. The professional coin cutters won't talk to me.

--------Randy
        Last edited by hotshot; 10-21-2013, 08:22 PM.
        "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

thankyou for that info randy.
          i will have to have a go sooner or later.
          cheers danny.

Comment

Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing.
            Larry

Comment

omg, how in god's name do you cut things so small. I'm so impressed. I was ready to toss my saw into the east river the other day trying to cut something 3 times the size of that. lol... fantastic work! oh, btw, cats rule. lol

Comment

That is a fantastic piece. It's beautiful and unique.

Comment

Man, that is some intricate cutting. I am always amazed at how you can cut those coins.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X