Fretworking software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretworking software

About a month ago I was on a site that advertised software to turn your pictures and artwork into scroll saw patterns. Since I notice quite a few of you have done portraits, are you using a similar software? Name? Program?
    Pop
    Delta 16" 40-530
    Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

hello pop ,

I know some use paint shop or corel and there is a few other programs that can be used for it as well , There are as well a few programs that are specifically for that purpose but cant think of the names at the moment
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hello Pop, You will probably hear from a few more talented folks on this forum. As a novice I am still learning but have done a few portraits. I use PSP9 the most along with CorelDraw9, but on occasion have also used Coyote for some simpler projects.
      Coyote is a bit expensive - $80. I picked up PSP9 and CorelDraw9 for $35 a piece on Ebay. You can do a lot more with PSP than you can with Coyote, however, there is a steeper learning curve that goes with it. The more I use and learn about PSP9 the better I like it.
      ~Paul

Paul S.

Comment

Hi Pop, I use PSP7 ....mainly because it was already on my computer when I got seriously interested in portraits about 4 months ago. I'm miles from " expert " but I'm getting used to PSP and, like Paul, like it more and more as I learn more about it . The most important thing, I'm finding , is that regardless of the program, there is no substitute for practice, practice, practice !
        ...~Robert~
        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I use PSP 10. It's a good program with a couple free online tutorials offered for users of this program. I see this new program just sold for less than $30, including shipping, on Ebay. It's well worth the money. This with a graphics tablet and you'll be in business.
          Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
          www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I have PSP9 and Coyote, and have thus far stuck with the Coyote software, it works for me, but on the same note I am wanting to up my game and get the PSP 9 in working order for me, and as sawduster keeps pointing out, practice, practice, practice.......so far that is easier said then done.
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

http://www.thinkersoftware.com/photo...tch/index2.htm
              http://www.picturetrail.com/uid3726744

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Farmers market "survey"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                Today, 11:14 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                Today, 11:00 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                Today, 09:57 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                I like the fact...
                Today, 08:34 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                Today, 08:17 AM
              Working...
              X