Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChuckD
    replied
    Thanks Carl, that is a great idea. I got one of those lights than you stick under your table (magnetized) and it was to make it easier to see where the hole was. But I got tired real fast of contorting myself trying to find the hole. I think I could set it on top and use it the way you say.

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    Jeff, you be careful driving this weekend with the big snow storm that is heading your way from the Denver area. I used to live in Denver, but I never saw a storm as bad as this one.

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    Also there is the Austrailian sheep dog that has blue and brown eyes. We had one on the dairy farm I grew up on. It was the best dog for handeling cows we ever had. The dog we had had part blue and brown in the same eye.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    i've also seen dalmations with different coloured eyes jeff. what was the dog you saw?

kevin

sorry about the hijack bill.
    Last edited by Mackem; 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Evidentally Jeff, the dog you saw was a siberian husky. Having 2 different colored eyes isn't unusual for them. Beautiful dogs, they are.

Scroller, trucker, dumpster diver. Anything else?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 12-21-2006, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    Aviod hwy 35 and my favorite hwy 69 between 9am and noon on mondays, because I'll be hammered down north bound through the Housier.
    unfortunately, this week and next I'll be rolling on sat/sun instead of sun/mon due to the holidays..I'm a day ahead and fighting the mall traffic...I drive the 53' dry van trailer to all the malls, pet supplies..all retail stores.

Met a dog at a customers the other day, it had a blue eye and a brown eye..that was freaky.

I also deliver Meijers..did some dumpster shopping last week. There was a little tike Hummer sitting on top and I knew I better grab that. It is brand new but had a broken front tire...there was another one in the trash too, so i took out the pocket knife and removed a tire from it, now my daughter has a $300 toy to drive around. Ah, the benefits of driving. You people with pick up trucks too, best strap down what's in the back, or I'll be recovering it on the side of the road...found a wicker shelving unit a couple years ago ..located it in a store valued at $1200 , it was in the box, undamaged on the side of the road, it was huge, bigger than a refrigerator. And of course the old standby is insulation..bags of it every year.

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    I do know who said to use the highlighter and I also mentioned to use a sharpie on the back on your pilot holes to make them easier to find....but I won't mention any names.....

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Another hint I saw on here, and forgive me because I do not know who posted it... is to use a highliner pen in yellow or green to highlight the lines. The are much easier to follow.

As for the shadow intersecting. I just picked up a cheap LED flashlight with a magnetic base and put it on my Delta. I can have it set on one side and the light casts a great shadow and lights up the rest of the line. It works great.

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Jeff, I hope you keep that truck out of Indiana.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    Rapid resizer

There is a program called rapid resizer that will tint your patterns red and I do almost all of mine with it, especially if it is larger than 8X11 or so. Easy to do.
    And a lot easier to see while cutting.
    About driving while looking ahead, you should scroll the same way you would trace a pattern. You don't watch where your pencil is on the line, you are just a touch ahead.
    Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill
    colored paper
    Hey Gill what's with the US spelling?

Originally posted by Gill
    (but don't use red paper if you're using red ink
    LOL I would have thought red paper was horrible anyhow!!!! I did spent 5 minutes the other day wondering why the hell the type tool wasn't working in Photoshop - till i realised I'd left it set on white - duh!!!!!!

With patterns that I've scanned I usually make the lines medium grey rather than black - it definitely let's you see the blade more easily against the line ..

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Another hint is to print your patterns on colored paper (but don't use red paper if you're using red ink ) . White paper creates glare - that's why television newscasters read from yellow sheets of paper when they're not relying on an autocue.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    Thank you Bob. That is very good advice. If you anticipate what is ahead of you on the road, or on the line you can be ready for any turns or problems that will come up. As you say, those who are just focused on the road just ahead of them are not ready for any sudden changes. I call those people "driving with the end of their noses". I commuted by bus for awhile and there was one bus driver that was that way. It seemed that on every trip he would have to slam on the brakes and nearly throw everyone out of their seats because he did not anticipate events that were happening ahead of the bus. After awhile I would not ride any bus he was driving. Most all of the other drivers were pretty good. I am sure Jeff sees many drivers that drive with the end of their noses.

Back on subject, I can see how watching the intersection of the shadow and the blade would work. By using red lines helps this intersection show up better. At least it seemed to show up better for me. Also by anticipating when to make turns will also make a big improvement.

Thank you again for the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Buffalo
    replied
    Jeff,

I couldn't agree more. I definitely get out of the way of you big rigs on the road. I have a great respect for anyone that can control one of those mammoth rides in crazy traffic or otherwise.

I've wanted to learn to drive a rig since I was 8. My entire 2nd grade class laughed at me because they said GIRLS CAN'T DRIVE TRUCKS. Of course, this was back in '72. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to at least ride in one. The hubby has his Class A CDL but doesn't drive anymore. Of course, he stopped before I met him. But I can dream.

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    When I'm driving, I don't pay much attention to the lines...I'm so much bigger than everyone else, if I go over the line, people will give way fast.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X