Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank the Mule

NO...he's not done yet!

Is it just me? I've been working on Hank for about 10 day's now and the more time I spend on him the slower the progress gets!

I'm doing Judy Robert's Mule pattern...

This is what I had completed as of Thanksgiving day...

I made some good progress on Friday..

this is where it starts getting good, tiring to figure out the finishing plan..
    I fumed the blinders and eyelashes for about 15 hours with ammonia and they turned out great..so now I thinking that I might fume all the pieces at different times to get all the different shades in..

This morning Toni mentioned in a post about sand shading. so today at work I found me some sand but after re-reading her article in SSW I don't think that would be a look that I'm looking for...

so now I'm back to Fuming..
    I spent a lot of time sanding those ears and they still have dark area's!

anyone else have any other tricks for Cherry?

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Trout, your mule is great. I just love it. it is amazing. love it , love it. love it.
    Evie

Comment

Hey Trout,

Hank's cutting looks really good! Nice tight cuts!!
      I've looked at the photo of Hank versus your choice of wood. What are you concerned about with the ears? As for sandshading, it wouldn't be my choice for cherry either.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
        by will8989
        Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
        Yesterday, 09:54 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
        Yesterday, 09:12 PM
      • Tom in Ashland
        The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
        by Tom in Ashland
        Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
        Yesterday, 08:08 PM
      • keystonecop
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by keystonecop
        Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
        Yesterday, 06:14 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by KarlB
        " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
        Yesterday, 04:02 PM
      Working...
      X