Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank the Mule

NO...he's not done yet!

Is it just me? I've been working on Hank for about 10 day's now and the more time I spend on him the slower the progress gets!

I'm doing Judy Robert's Mule pattern...

This is what I had completed as of Thanksgiving day...

I made some good progress on Friday..

this is where it starts getting good, tiring to figure out the finishing plan..
    I fumed the blinders and eyelashes for about 15 hours with ammonia and they turned out great..so now I thinking that I might fume all the pieces at different times to get all the different shades in..

This morning Toni mentioned in a post about sand shading. so today at work I found me some sand but after re-reading her article in SSW I don't think that would be a look that I'm looking for...

so now I'm back to Fuming..
    I spent a lot of time sanding those ears and they still have dark area's!

anyone else have any other tricks for Cherry?

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Trout, your mule is great. I just love it. it is amazing. love it , love it. love it.
    Evie

Comment

Hey Trout,

Hank's cutting looks really good! Nice tight cuts!!
      I've looked at the photo of Hank versus your choice of wood. What are you concerned about with the ears? As for sandshading, it wouldn't be my choice for cherry either.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
        Today, 06:47 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Plastic puzzle
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
        Today, 06:38 PM
      • Jim Finn
        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
        by Jim Finn
        The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
        Today, 04:48 PM
      • MidMich324
        Reply to Plastic puzzle
        by MidMich324
        Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
        Today, 03:57 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by RJweb
        As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
        Today, 03:42 PM
      Working...
      X