Adventures in Dust collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Dust collection

Well I purchased DVA-02...(1-1/4" Attachment For Your Vac). It's a 1.25 inch adapter with flex and control similar to the blower on most scroll saws. I am trying it with my Harbor Freight DC using reducers to get from 4" to 1.25".

The setup I have is this on the top with a 2.5" on the bottom to collect falling dust.

This works OK, and better than what I was using. The only issue I am having is it doesn't seem to have enough vacuum to pick up everything but it does leave what it can't pick up in nice piles. I am thinking between the smaller diameter and another point of suction it's just doesn't have enough suction.

What I had was the same setup on the bottom with a hard 2.5 inch on top. The issue was it was either too far away from the blade or in the way. This setup is similar to the blower so I can move it to right beside the blade almost touching the wood.

I should probably get some pictures to show this better.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spallen; 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures

I should probably get some pictures to show this better.

Yep. Looking forward to it (pics) and further reports on it's success.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

OK added 2 pictures to the main post, these are side view with the flexible arm attached, the head can easily be moved around a work piece so it's not in the way but still close enough to vacuum up most of the sawdust.

I think I need one that is 2.5 inches instead of 1.25. I just don't know where to find one.

Comment

I was wondering if you have a picture of what the bottom system looks like. I have also tried many different vac systems over the years, and found out anything is better than nothing.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiilad View Post
          I was wondering if you have a picture of what the bottom system looks like. I have also tried many different vac systems over the years, and found out anything is better than nothing.

The bottom of my system is just like the one Flying pig posted.
          http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/inf...ange/47470.htm
          look at the middle picture.

Comment

Spallen

I had not seen your post before my post. I feel like I copped your subject line - apologies. I think you and I probably reached the same destination on very similar roads.

Flying Pigs
            Doug

Take what you do seriously
            Never take yourself too seriously

Comment

That dust is deadly !

Had my system in use now for over six months ,still in the my computor and craft room , in the house ,still dust and trouble free .wife watches TV in the next room , no sound or noise problems ,while i'm scrolling away .or you can bet I would have heard about it by now! With COPD dust free is important. Not ready to give up scrolling if I don't have too ,solved my problems with it! keep at it till you find what works for you!
              "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
              Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Originally posted by Carl E Jacobs View Post
                Had my system in use now for over six months ,still in the my computor and craft room , in the house ,still dust and trouble free .wife watches TV in the next room , no sound or noise problems ,while i'm scrolling away .or you can bet I would have heard about it by now! With COPD dust free is important. Not ready to give up scrolling if I don't have too ,solved my problems with it! keep at it till you find what works for you!
                Carl, what is your solution. If you have already posted, sorry, I missed it.
                Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Page #3 saw modifications

788 modification ,pics ,worked so well I was able to move it the house in my crafts and computor room ,14'X10' . Time at the saw long ,and detailed ,so easy to work awhile start and stop in comfort and ease .NO DUST ,not for everyone ,outside shopvac ,quiet & remote controled switch under saw,manafold domed at blade ,3/4"s.s.flex upper lever p.u. added ,catch tray extended all around .anything else just let me know.
                  "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                  Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Spallen,
                    which HF DC are you using with your SC?
                    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
                    with a EX-21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X