No announcement yet.

Tape pulling slivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a lot of problems with a project I was working on and thought it might be just a bad piece of 1/8 BB. I asked in another thread about Finnish Birch and didn't get the responses I was hoping for.
    Mick, you said you have less problem with Finnish. Anyone else out there have experience with the Finnish Ply? Guess what I am looking for is what is the best available.

EarlinJax

Comment

I understand the only difference between BB and Finnish is that the BB is near perfect 1 side and both sides are good on the Finnish.

What I'm doing for my ornaments now, to alleviate the pulling problem, is putting a piece of heavy card stock paper on top and taping over the top of that and around the edges of the layers of BB. I then spray the pattern and stick that to the heavy paper. When I'm done, I remove the tape from the sides and the pattern falls off. Works great.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Mike, I believe they use exterior, waterproof glue on the Finnish BB. Don't know how that would affect the quality of the wood though.
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X