2006 Christmas Ornament Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Christmas Ornament Swap

An envelope from Dusty Buffalo arrived today.........BEAUTIFUL ornament Kelly!!!! Really nice.

THANKS............. I'll post a pic later...
    Last edited by Scrolling Days; 11-02-2013, 10:21 AM.
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

I got mine from Teresa today. Awesome!
    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 11-17-2006, 11:55 PM.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Two so far - great!

Have had one from Derek and one from Carl. Fantastic! It makes checking the mail much more fun
      Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Excellent. They begin to arrive! I rethought posting a pic and won't. Don't want to ruin the surprise for those getting them from D.B.

Everyone getting one from me can wait a while........I'm thinking of mailing them no later than Dec 9 (hint hint for some of you )
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I got mine from Mike ( minnesota scroller ) last week and I'm pretty impressed
          Mine are almost all finished ....All that remains is attaching the training wheels
          The long distance ones are going out next week
          This is quite exciting actually.
          ...~Robert~
          DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I got one from Mike Thursday.Anxiously awaiting more.
            Derek
            Derek

Comment

Mine are going out with my wife's holiday cards the weekend after thanksgiving.
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Dusty Buffalo's ornament arrived today and it is lovely! Well done, Kelly.
                Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

After a really crappy day at work yesterday, I arrived home to find a small package on the desk with the day's mail. Excitededly I tore it open and there was a beautiful ornament from little flower. Nice job Teresa !
                  How very kewl to get something so nice from so far away
                  My wife and I are really enjoying this
                  ...~Robert~
                  DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I have 4 now. I rush home from work each day like a kid who ordered something from the back of a comic book.

No I never did own sea monkeys!

The ornaments are wonderful. This may just have to be an annual event.
                    If that is the case my wife says we may have to get another tree

Thanks everyone.
                    PS the last two are out in the mail today!
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I received mine from Mike and from Teresa. It sure makes going to the mail much more exciting.

I shipped the last of mine (to the U.S. folks) on Monday of this week. All of the foreign ones went out last week Monday.

I must say it was a ton of fun and can't wait until next year.

Bob, are you sending out last year's too?
                      Kelly
                      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Well Carl, you sly creative old dawg......CUTE ornament. THANK YOU for everything in the package!!!!!

D. Platt

Comment

Sly? Me? You are welcome.
                          Glad it all got there so quick
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I didn't get involved in the ornament swap, but would you all mind posting some pictures of some of the ornaments that are being swapped. So this way if I have the time to do it next year I have some idea of what I would be up against. Having seen the quality of the quilt up close and personal, the ornaments must be awsome.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Not for posting pictures

Rolf:
                              I didn't get involved in the ornament swap, but would you all mind posting some pictures of some of the ornaments that are being swapped. So this way if I have the time to do it next year I have some idea of what I would be up against. Having seen the quality of the quilt up close and personal, the ornaments must be awsome.
                              Rolf: I thought about posting some pictures but decided not to as I didn't want to post pics of someone elses work without their permission. And then I also thought that by leaving all you others who haven't participated a little bit curious it might stimulate more participation next year. As for seeing what you may be up against would not be my reason for posting any pics either as I would hate to see it take a leaning towards becoming a competition. Next year, just do as we have all done, just jump in the deep end and get involved and not be worried about whether your efforts may be on a par, not as intricate or more so than someone elses. It's not easy to send a sample of your work to another scroller knowing that its going to be well looked at and so I really admire everyone who has had the courage to put their name in the hat (even myself). Just do it realising that each and every ornament is sent out with a caring thought and received with much joy and appreciation. I'll look forward to seeing your name on my list next year - you have all year to do them in now..
                              Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Chuck Hans
                                Congrats on all accounts,
                                I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                                Today, 08:51 PM
                              • cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                                Today, 03:36 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                                Today, 02:56 PM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                                Today, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                                Today, 11:18 AM
                              Working...
                              X