"Wolf at Night"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wolf at Night"

This is a just completed Christmas present titled "Wolf at Night" It is about 10 by 6 inches and the cutting was done with spiral blades except around the inside of the frame.

I have heard lots of folks say they use only spiral blades for big items. This is the backside of the cut before I cut out the edge. You can see the way the blades can change direction and the complexity of the cut. It would be a lot harder to try this with a flat blade.

There are pieces of scotch tape holding in some of the close cuts Using Sprial blades just takes practice. I prefer them over flat blades anymore for fretwork and I do use both on almost every project. Enjoy, I did.
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

You did superChuck-- glade you helped share the love of spirals-
    Sharon

Comment

Great job and pattern Chuck. I cut this same pattern sometime ago and have been amazed at the different responses to it, the main one being the amount of people who can not see the wolf, until I point it out to them, and there was one person who never could see it!!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Very nice work Chuck....even if you did use spirals
        (Just kidding folks).
        I think I have that pattern around somewhere, it might look neat with a mirror backer.
        Thanks for sharing your work with us.
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
          Old Tool - Reborn
          by tgiro01
          With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
          Today, 03:24 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by Rolf
          I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
          Today, 10:23 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
          by Rolf
          Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
          Today, 10:19 AM
        • Jimern
          by Jimern
          I dropped my subscription long ago, so maybe I should not chime in, but I dropped it mostly due to the pattern pull out.

I do not have a flat bed scanner, nor do I want one, so that is my issue.

But the result is that if I cut a pattern to scan, I have also cut the parts of...
          Today, 07:55 AM
        • Quartz43
          by Quartz43
          +1 on NC Scroller's suggestions. I would add that on appropriate patterns stop using the grey as it would make it easier to copy.

It says a lot if Fox Publishing does not comment on an issue like this. Even if they said they are aware that people have concerns and are looking into it...
          Yesterday, 08:15 PM
        Working...
        X