Gallery of Little Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery of Little Leaves

Hi Everyone, here is a link to my online gallery of Little Leaves. Stevehttp://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...0&h=1&y=-s7b7p
    Last edited by Steviegwood; 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM.
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Hey Steve,

That is a pretty awesome pile of leaves. What kind of wood? How thick is the wood? Colored acrylic for the back I assume. How large are they? Where did you get the patterns? How much will people pay for them and what do they do with them? I see you don't have a hole drilled anywhere for hanging them on a wall.

I know, so many questions. I almost didn't click on the link because leaves didn't sound too exciting. But these are really neat.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Very nice!! Hope I can become as skilled someday.
      Gary from Ohio
      Delta P-20

Comment

I bet...

it took you a long time to rake up all those leaves....

Very nice..

Trout
        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
        Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Little Leaves

Okay, Mike they are all out of 5/8" redoak but they are backed with a painted plywood backer and I am glad that the holes that are in them are not noticable. I got the patterns some from scroller and some from wooden teddybear. They very in size but most are within a ten to twelve inch range at there widest point. As far as cost I get $30.00 each or two for $50.00 and five for $100.00. It all depends on your market area for price. Most people just hang them for wall decorations. Thanks Mike. Gary, sometimes I even wonder if it is skill, patience, addiction or stupidity for why I will cut a collection like this. And we don't need comments on that last part either. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Trout, I believe that these leaves would be a little rough on the lawn mower wouldn't they? Thanks to all, Steve
          Last edited by Steviegwood; 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM.
          My Gallery
          [email protected]

Comment

Steve

Nice job..... cool idea ....... looks great..
            oh yea i like em !!!

pete
            Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
            "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Nice collection there Steve!

"Gary, sometimes I even wonder if it is skill, patience, addiction or stupidity"

Steve my vote goes for the 1st 3,as to why you do it, you could replace stupidity with the word "fun". That always works for me.

Whats next?
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Hey there's nearly as many leaves there as on my front lawn .. but yours look a lot more decorative. Nice work Steve.
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Very beautiful work. I love the idea of painted ply (1/8" I assume )for the backer. Much less expensive than colored acrylic and the wall doesn't show through either.
                  A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                  George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Little Leaves

Hi George, actually the backer is 3/16" ply and the price was definitly cheaper than acrylic. I get the ply from work that we throw away. So it works out well for me. Thanks for the compliments. Steve
                    Last edited by Steviegwood; 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM.
                    My Gallery
                    [email protected]

Comment

Them are great projects, and you done them justice.I have cut many of Sheilas leaves. What topcoat did you use? Dale
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Finish on Leaves

Hi Dale, I use a high gloss spray lacquer on most all of my projects. Several light coats until I get a high gloss finish. Steve
                        My Gallery
                        [email protected]

Comment

Very nice work,or fun. If you enjoy it, it is ok in anyones book.
                          I love wood and just don,t have enough time to do all that I want to do.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks. Steve
                            My Gallery
                            [email protected]

Comment

very impressive leaf collection Steve, I have looked at Sheila's site a few times and one of these days I am going to have to buy some of her patterns
                              Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Today, 08:56 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Jim McDonald
                                I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                                But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                                Today, 08:17 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by hotshot
                                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                                Today, 02:27 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X