New this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New this week

I just started making a range of items to mark special occasions in peoples lives and this is the first in the range. Also made some cute little dogs for a friend with glittery chain collars and gem stone eyes.
    Attached Files

I really like the anniversary center piece. Nice work.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Awww! Of course I would love the doggies! But what did you cut them from? It kinda looks like black corian?

Comment

Many thanks Rolf for your kind comments. Patte. I must confess the doggies are not black corian. Actually I am on a high. I just had a friend stay with me for a week from the other side of the country, she had only ever cut things in MDF and was really scared of cutting things in hardwood so I got her to start on simple things made from 1/2 inch birch ply and she made the doggies and I showed her how to spray them, we just added the collar and the eyes, Tracey went on to cut several things in hardwood and she is so happy with what she has made while she has been here, she is on a big high now knowing that she can do it. It has really made my week seeing her progress. Tracey made the cross and the penguins from Siberian Larch and also made the name sign in mahogany for her son.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice anniversary cutting The flowers top it off.

Comment

like the anniversary cutting, may I ask where you got the pattern?

Comment

WOW! I love the woodwork but it’s the “50th anniversary” at the center that got me struck. I hope I’ll be having a 50th celebration too.

Comment

I really like the anniversary plaque. My first thought on seeing it is that if you cut extras of the end pieces to make it thicker, you could drill and have a candle holder.

Comment

Sweeeeet cuts Fretnot, I too would like to know where you got the anniversary pattern.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hi Guys. Sorry for the late reply. I have been so busy. I designed the anniversary plaque myself in fireworks, I borrowed a shrub holder from google images and just added a few bits here and there. I drilled out the holes for the flowers on the drill press before i cut the pattern using the depth stop. I have since done a couple more and will post them soon. many thanks for all your kind comments.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by NC Scroller
                      My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                      Today, 07:42 AM
                    • will8989
                      by will8989
                      None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                      Today, 12:20 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                      The bags seem easier on the surface.
                      But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                      Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                      Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                    Working...
                    X