X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fretnot
    Member - Level 2
    • Oct 2011

New this week

I just started making a range of items to mark special occasions in peoples lives and this is the first in the range. Also made some cute little dogs for a friend with glittery chain collars and gem stone eyes.
    Attached Files
  • Rolf
    The WoodMeister
    • Apr 2005

I really like the anniversary center piece. Nice work.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

• PatteM
      Registered User - Level 2
      • Dec 2010

Awww! Of course I would love the doggies! But what did you cut them from? It kinda looks like black corian?

Comment

• Fretnot
        Member - Level 2
        • Oct 2011

Many thanks Rolf for your kind comments. Patte. I must confess the doggies are not black corian. Actually I am on a high. I just had a friend stay with me for a week from the other side of the country, she had only ever cut things in MDF and was really scared of cutting things in hardwood so I got her to start on simple things made from 1/2 inch birch ply and she made the doggies and I showed her how to spray them, we just added the collar and the eyes, Tracey went on to cut several things in hardwood and she is so happy with what she has made while she has been here, she is on a big high now knowing that she can do it. It has really made my week seeing her progress. Tracey made the cross and the penguins from Siberian Larch and also made the name sign in mahogany for her son.
        Attached Files

Comment

• wjbclocks1
          • Nov 2008

Nice anniversary cutting The flowers top it off.

Comment

• sawfinger
            Member - Level 2
            • Nov 2008

like the anniversary cutting, may I ask where you got the pattern?

Comment

• bosox
              • Jul 2012

WOW! I love the woodwork but it’s the “50th anniversary” at the center that got me struck. I hope I’ll be having a 50th celebration too.

Comment

• Kepy
                • Feb 2004

I really like the anniversary plaque. My first thought on seeing it is that if you cut extras of the end pieces to make it thicker, you could drill and have a candle holder.

Comment

• Wood Dog
                  Sweeeeet
                  • Jun 2007

Sweeeeet cuts Fretnot, I too would like to know where you got the anniversary pattern.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

• Fretnot
                    Member - Level 2
                    • Oct 2011

Hi Guys. Sorry for the late reply. I have been so busy. I designed the anniversary plaque myself in fireworks, I borrowed a shrub holder from google images and just added a few bits here and there. I drilled out the holes for the flowers on the drill press before i cut the pattern using the depth stop. I have since done a couple more and will post them soon. many thanks for all your kind comments.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...