Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Plated Screw Eyes

Good Morning everyone,

I'm looking for lead from anyone who has purchased small screw eyes on line. I ordered a bunch of them and when I received them, I was very disapointed, they were the worst of the junk we get from China. In spite of predrilling a small hole, the eye screws snapped and I was only trying to use them in poplar.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Rick
    Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

......As usual, more "QUALITY FROM CHINA........almost impossible to find ANYTHING in the way of decorative or miniature items for any craftwork that isn't chinese import junk now days...IF someone were to open up a store with AMERICAN MADE ITEMS I'M SURE IT WOULD BE WELCOMED. Might be a bit more costly for the needed items but a big saveings in the long run..........No more time spent re-doing items because of small parts failures.........Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Rick, if I'm using real small hardware I of course pre dill and a little deeper than the screw is long. The just a dab of whatever is handy from wax to dog spit on the threads and go slow. Heat builds very quickly in tiny metal parts. It also dampens the harmonic vibration from the friction. I think it's a combination of the two that fatigue the metel past the point. I have no clue if that theory holds water but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn before.
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Rob,.............Holiday Inn..........??? Am i missing something..........???

Comment

Oily That is very funny!!!
          Dave that was an add on TV a few years ago.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

hows about making the screw part just fit the hole and add a little glue to it before inserting?
            Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
            Desert Woodcrafters
            Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

That was really funny and I understand it. I always thought that those commercials were funny.
              jellis

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                Today, 06:47 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                Today, 06:38 PM
              • Jim Finn
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by Jim Finn
                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                Today, 04:48 PM
              • MidMich324
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by MidMich324
                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                Today, 03:57 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                Today, 03:42 PM
              Working...
              X