Another idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another idea

I am always looking for new things to put on the tables at the craft fairs and thought I would have a go at key chains. This was several weeks ago and I do 3 craft fairs a week and it is amazing how well they are going. Working out UK pounds to US dollars i think it works out $6 a piece i am selling them for. The metal part of the stand was a gift from a lady who makes jewellery and the rest was made on the lathe.

I have some planks of walnut in the shop and was reluctant to use any of it but I took the plunge today and made some trivets. They have just had a coat of finishing oil. Tomorrow they will really shine when I wax polish them.
    Attached Files

Nice variety of keychains. I love the unique holder. The trivets beautiful. They would be nice to hang on the dining room wall when they are not being used as trivets.

Comment

Sweeeeet cuts Fretnot, good luck with your sales.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

They look great.

Comment

Those are really nice and it's a good idea with the key rack too! Good luck with your shows!

Comment

Very nice key rings and trivets. Trivets always sell well for me here in the Islands. I think they might be making a come back. I like the key rings as well. You did a great job on finishing and how did you round over the letters so well?
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Larry. With the letters on the key chains and many other things I make i use a dremel in a dremel router table with the rounding over bit. It really does add another dimension the the finished piece. The hardwoods I use are round about 3/8 thick and is a perfect thickness for this sort of work as the hardwood looks as though it is moulded in a way. I am sure that finishing the key chains this way is the reason they are selling so well.

Comment

I recently bought a halogen oven. The supplied lid holder is pretty much useless so I'm using a folding towel for now.

A halogen oven trivet shouldn't take much material as only the outer ring is needed.
                John

Comment

Name key rings are also a big seller.
                  Steve Good has some software programs on his site.
                  www.scrollsawworkshop.com

John

Old Dust

PS: Another "special order" seller are desk name plates.

Comment

John, what is a Halogen Oven? Don't think I have heard of one of those.
                    Hawaiilad
                    Larry

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Morningware-HO.../dp/B000B8YOHG

Mine is a bit different but they're a big glass bowl with a circular halogen strip light and fan in the lid.
                      John

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X