Another idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another idea

I am always looking for new things to put on the tables at the craft fairs and thought I would have a go at key chains. This was several weeks ago and I do 3 craft fairs a week and it is amazing how well they are going. Working out UK pounds to US dollars i think it works out $6 a piece i am selling them for. The metal part of the stand was a gift from a lady who makes jewellery and the rest was made on the lathe.

I have some planks of walnut in the shop and was reluctant to use any of it but I took the plunge today and made some trivets. They have just had a coat of finishing oil. Tomorrow they will really shine when I wax polish them.
    Attached Files

Nice variety of keychains. I love the unique holder. The trivets beautiful. They would be nice to hang on the dining room wall when they are not being used as trivets.

Comment

Sweeeeet cuts Fretnot, good luck with your sales.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

They look great.

Comment

Those are really nice and it's a good idea with the key rack too! Good luck with your shows!

Comment

Very nice key rings and trivets. Trivets always sell well for me here in the Islands. I think they might be making a come back. I like the key rings as well. You did a great job on finishing and how did you round over the letters so well?
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Larry. With the letters on the key chains and many other things I make i use a dremel in a dremel router table with the rounding over bit. It really does add another dimension the the finished piece. The hardwoods I use are round about 3/8 thick and is a perfect thickness for this sort of work as the hardwood looks as though it is moulded in a way. I am sure that finishing the key chains this way is the reason they are selling so well.

Comment

I recently bought a halogen oven. The supplied lid holder is pretty much useless so I'm using a folding towel for now.

A halogen oven trivet shouldn't take much material as only the outer ring is needed.
                John

Comment

Name key rings are also a big seller.
                  Steve Good has some software programs on his site.
                  www.scrollsawworkshop.com

John

Old Dust

PS: Another "special order" seller are desk name plates.

Comment

John, what is a Halogen Oven? Don't think I have heard of one of those.
                    Hawaiilad
                    Larry

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Morningware-HO.../dp/B000B8YOHG

Mine is a bit different but they're a big glass bowl with a circular halogen strip light and fan in the lid.
                      John

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                        Reply to My covid angel
                        by NC Scroller
                        Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
                        Today, 12:35 PM
                      • Bill Wilson
                        Reply to Tough Decisions
                        by Bill Wilson
                        Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
                        Today, 09:51 AM
                      • planeur
                        Reply to My covid angel
                        by planeur
                        Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
                        I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
                        Was it a good idea.....?...
                        Today, 09:45 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to My covid angel
                        by Rolf
                        Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                        Today, 09:02 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to Tough Decisions
                        by Rolf
                        The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                        Today, 08:49 AM
                      Working...
                      X