Finished the Depot Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished the Depot Clock

I finally finished the clock and it looks great and was a lot of fun. I said I would send some pictures and I will link them to Photobucket.

I put in the lights and sound and it all works. My wife and I enjoy listening to the train on each hour and showing off the lights to friends.

I made some changes to the construction to make it easier to wire. I took some pictures of it. Take a look and I am willing to answer any questions and a big thanks for looking. I got the prints from The Art Factory and the lumber from Ocooch Hardwoods, both were great to work with. Rich

Train Depot Clock pictures by lakescrapper - Photobucket
    Rich Delta P-20

It looks great!! It really is a stunning project especially with the sound and lights.
    The removable roof was a great idea for the wireing. We did one last year as a club project and some of your mods would have made assembly much easier.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Nicely done.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for those great photos, your clock came out soooo sweeeeet!
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

OK, OK, I drooled over Rolf's pictures, and I had to clean the drool off my keyboard over yours... and now I'm crying a little bit ( not really that much) over my credit card. I've had all I can stands, I can't stands no more. I just ordered the whole package.

Great job Rich, I hope I can come close. Thanks for posting this.... (I think LOL)

Pat
          Woodworking is Therapy.... some of us need more therapy than others.

Comment

My Pictures? You sure you didn't mean Rich'Bs
            Rolf

Comment

Rolf, Thought you posted the pics from your clubs version. I know someone in the not so distant past did.
              Pat
              Woodworking is Therapy.... some of us need more therapy than others.

Comment

Rich, that clock looks fantastic!
                you should be proud, and great job with all the pictures. you should write up an
                article and document all the pictures and see if a magazine will buy or just publish it?

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

Yes Pat that was me that posted the clubs pictures of the clock. Sorry I am old and confused
                  Rolf

Comment

I thank all of you for the great comments. It was a fun project to do. It was challenging but not to difficult. You must have a table saw unless you can cut a very straight line, and at 90 degrees. Ben12 and I have become friends with this project and we plan on meeting each other later on. I am glad the pictures showed a good amount of the construction. If anyone plans on building the clock feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks again RichB
                    Rich Delta P-20

Comment

Hey Rich

One more comment on the train clock. Top notch scrollwork and woodworking. As someone who has made the clock I can appreciate the work that you put into it and the attention to detail shows.

Looking forward to meeting you later this summer.

Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben, your's look great too. Alll I can say this is a great project with a lot of satisfaction.
                        Rich Delta P-20

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                          Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                          by meflick
                          got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                          Today, 08:21 PM
                        • Jo Labre
                          Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                          by Jo Labre
                          At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                          Today, 11:13 AM
                        • hotshot
                          by hotshot
                          The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                          Today, 10:14 AM
                        • Rolf
                          by Rolf
                          Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                          Today, 09:32 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                          by Rolf
                          I haven't even decided what to make!
                          Today, 09:27 AM
                        Working...
                        X