Castle craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle craft fair

I did another craft fair today. It was an open air one held in the car park by an old castle. I thought you may like the pictures I took. I was the first one to get set up, which was nice and the day went well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fretnot; 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM. Reason: photos did not load

What a majestic setting. i could just sit there all day for no reason. Hope you had a successful show. Your display looks nice, good variety.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You have some very fine thing laid out. The scenery is great the weather looks nice. All the makings of a great show by the looks of things.

My mother (Hughes) is from Wales but I have never been there. You look to have a very beautiful country...

Comment

Beautiful location and wares. So what is "croeso"?
        Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, it is a beautiful location. All my craft fairs are within 20 miles from home and this one was just a ten minute drive away. Croeso is Welsh for welcome. I sell loads of these. I am not Welsh, I moved to Wales from England over 20 years ago. The Welsh language is still very strong here and is beautiful, just like the scenery.

Comment

I love the alphabet names - haven't seen that style before. Your design - or did you get a pattern somewhere?? What font did you use???
            Thanks for sharing.
            Bob
            ichibob
            aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
            www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Comment

Originally posted by ichibob View Post
              I love the alphabet names - haven't seen that style before. Your design - or did you get a pattern somewhere?? What font did you use???
              Thanks for sharing.
              Bob
              I liked these as well! I haven't seen that use of the alphabet before. What size are they?
              Beautiful setting and a great looking booth as well.
              edited

Comment

Lovely site, great selection and your prices seem more than fair...I would say if you had many people showing up, you should have had a good show.
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Did you get many custom orders?
                  Mark Abbett
                  DW788

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks for all the interest. I designed the letter names. I was making ordinary name signs and was thinking one day about something different and came up with the idea and in practice it worked fine. The letters on average are 7 inches high. Some letters need a stand to they stay upright so these are a little higher. The font I use is a lovely scroll saw font called scroll beach italic. I have used this font on the enclosed house sign.

Yes. I get lots of custom orders at every craft fair I do, sometimes its just one at other times it is quite a few. I did a craft fair today and had some orders for names with the big letters I am doing. I have enclosed a photo of a house name sign a lady ordered last week. I don't know what it means as it is in Welsh.

Yes, the locations are really beautiful. I am at another medieval castle tomorrow for the start of a 3 day event. I will take lots of photos and post them here at the end of the three days.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Fretnot; 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

letter names good !!!

Comment

every thing gooood ha ha good luck with sales

Jerry

Comment

Hope you had a great day. Lovely setting.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

yup, awesome items and some cool looking scenery. what a great location to spend the day selling your wares!

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

Nice products and interesting venues. Must be fun.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X