Aircraft Scroll Saw patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Scroll Saw patterns

I am trying to find Aviation Scroll Saw Patterns, or designs,- does such a thing exist, or do I set to work and draw up suitable patterns ?
    Am seeking all types of Warbirds, plus light ,( trainer ), aircraft, light twins, helicopters, commercial aircraft, etc.

Big question,- If there's a shortage of these type of scroll saw patterns, how many scrollers worldwide would be interested in purchasing these type of patterns, as I can do designwork relatively easy, also have a personal collection of Aviation Publications ??
    What would be the best publication format,- Downloadable plan/s or printed hard copy, or both ??

Roger

What type of patterns are you talking about? Portraits or Scale Models or .......................

In regards to a publication format I would go with both download and hard copy. It is always nice to be able to download a plan and get to work right away, but if you are going to be doing model aircraft sometimes it is nice to have a hard copy so you can study things when away from the shop or a computer. I know the days of hard copy books are numbered so might as well be ready for the digital era.
    Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

Go here to see some aircraft patterns. They are fretwork and portraits types.

Hope it helps.

-Bill
      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

If you're interested in patterns that would lend themselves easily to intarsia, there are some excellent aviation patterns available as stained glass patterns. They are available through Amazon.com.

Jan

Comment

Aviation patterns, etc.

A cross between Silhoutte and portrait styles. My proposed Aviation Scroll Saw patterns are heaps more varied than the ones you have shown to me on your Free Patterns section,- actually there's a, " million, & one, " things one can utilized as Scroll Saw patterns, as even have several real old Farm Implement Catalogs here that date back to the early 1920's - 1930's which show all kinds of implements, & stationary motors, old pumps, horse-drawn machinery, - all of which would make excellent Scroll Saw Patterns.
          *** Pattern Dimensions,- I always draw mine on A3 size paper, which means each pattern being in two sections to suit the average home computer & A4 printer system.

Have a good day everyone, & thanking you for the helpful comments,

Comment

I would like to have some aircraft patterns, specifically to sell the completed projects. I would like certain aircraft that they have in my area though. The f-18 (legacy and super), the P-3, P-8, H-60, H-1, Osprey, E-2C/D. I have seen the patterns on here also. Aircraft in flight is the preference.
            Mark Abbett
            DW788

Comment

Dover Publications has a lot of aviation coloring books that could give you ideas.

Jan

Comment

Liz Tidwell did business as Carolina Scroll Works about ten years ago. As far as I can tell, she is no longer in the pattern business, but I believe she sold at least some of her materials to one of the big pattern outfits--Wildwood Design, Cherry Tree Toys, The Berry Basket, or one of the others. You might look at their web sites or request a catalogue. Liz did a lot of clocks with aviation themes, and I think she may have done somme portrait-style patterns as well.

Comment

Hello

I am looking for a scroll pattern for a P-38 Lightning. Can anyone tell me where I can find this pattern?

Comment

The Wooden Teddy Bear has a few, might check them out.
                    Don

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Basket C15
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Did this thread get hacked? That is a very strange sidetrack from KyivWorkshop.
                      Today, 04:21 PM
                    • handibunny
                      Reply to Question about tilting head saws
                      by handibunny
                      It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
                      Today, 02:10 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to What you find when cleaning out a cedar chest
                      by will8989
                      This is the tapestry I found in the cedar chest. We can’t identify where the pictures are from. Two among many. I also forgot to mention dad was also in the army Fife and Drum Corps and also played with a big band when he was discharged. Have to find that info....
                      Today, 12:34 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce doing great
                      by will8989
                      What a morning. The therapists were quite pleased with what he could do. He took the wrap off today and he can walk with the walker with very little pain. It’s getting the leg completely straight that is hard to do. It’s when his brother stopped in that things went off rails. Rolf, we are talking...
                      Today, 12:19 PM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Question about tilting head saws
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      If you are referring to 3D Compound cutting, the blade is 90 degrees to the table and not tilted. I use the tilting head for things like inlays and Carole's bowls. If you want a tilting arm, be sure it is rack and pinion. Look at other features that may fit your needs. As a Pegas dealer, I can help...
                      Today, 11:32 AM
                    Working...
                    X