Freedom Ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Ribbon

Hello Family, here is a Freedom Ribbon that I just got finished. A mother wanted it for her son in honor of his service, she asked if I could persoalize it with his rank and name. Let me know what all you experts think. I am including a photo of the sconces I just finished of my own design, I call them "Howling at The Moon". I also posted them on the new patterns and designs. Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steviegwood; 12-13-2006, 01:31 PM.
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Very nice work Steve.

I will let the experts comment on the ribbon.
    The Sconces are really nice.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Outstanding !! the addition of the name was an excelent touch - it put a person to the ribbon making me think of the young man himself. I am sure the Mother will be very proud of it..

Sharon

Comment

Very nice work on both Steve! As soon as you find an expert, make sure you get him or her to post so we can all learn, hehehe.
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

No expert here, but I do know what I like, and both of these projects fill the bill.
          I've made several of these ribbons myself and they make great gifts as well as sell. I made a few and donated them to our local VFW and American Legion post for charity auctions and ended up getting several orders!
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

love the ribbon...where did you get the pattern from?...keep up the good work...joe-

Comment

Well I hate to break the news to everyone, But each and every one of you is an expert at what you do. Now that is just my opinion. Joe I got the pattern through The Wooden Teddy Bear. Thanks To all, Steve
              Last edited by Steviegwood; 12-13-2006, 01:31 PM.
              If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
              My Gallery
              [email protected]

Comment

I am sure the ribbon brought some tears to her eyes, nicely done.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Wow they look great.
                  The ribbon was especially good as it makes me think of how my son in law is doing in Afghanistan.

dale

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to My beauties
                    by will8989
                    What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
                    Today, 01:20 AM
                  • Don in Brooklin On
                    Reply to Birchbark
                    by Don in Brooklin On
                    I remember Russel well. I think he went back to the days of Free4all.

FYI: I just completed an index of the Charity Ornament book from SSV and Birchbank designed quite a few ornaments.

Yesterday, 06:35 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Reply to Birchbark
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    Thanks Melanie. You are always on top of things....
                    Yesterday, 03:55 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Birchbark
                    by meflick
                    Denny, you are correct, his name is Russell. While he may not have been here in years, he pops in at the Village forum from time to time. I just checked and he hasn’t been there since July. I would suggest that you send him a PM perhaps through the Village and see if you get a response.
                    Yesterday, 03:36 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Birchbark
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    I think his name is Russel. I checked and he was last on the forum in 2014. I had a request for one of his patterns. Fortunately I still had a copy. Anyone heard from him?
                    Yesterday, 03:06 PM
                  Working...
                  X