spring bloom boutique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring bloom boutique

So far sales have been fair (I did deliver 19 more frog bookmarks and plan to deliver some more toothpick holder on Friday since this is the last weekend and it is the big one because they also have their annual plant sale. One of the women running the show e-mailed me about letter openers. She needs 14 of them as gifts for teachers. There are only 6 left at the show and I have two more at home.

I'm not complaining about the commission but YIPES. Between previous social commitments, gardening, yard work, outdoor furniture cleaning for our Mother's Day BBQ, a graduation party... now to find some designs for gym, art, computer, library, nurse and Spanish teachers!

What about an apple on the top of each or perhaps a small square or vertical rectangle with A B C cut into it? I do prefer a different design for each but there is only so much time. Anyone have a day stretcher lying around? Just thinking out loud.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

I did manage to design and cut out 24 letter openers yesterday. 16 with an apple and 8 with various specific subjects. I hope I get chance to shape them later today and get a finish on them tonight. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance to take them.

george
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

..........take a breath George.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

When it rains it pours. Good for you but I feel your angst. Glad you got that much done yesterday & looking forward to those pics.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Here are some pictures of the letter openers. Got the second coat of varnish on them this morning. Sorry about the lighting. It was dull outside and there was no contrast.

george

letter openers 1.jpgletter openers 2.jpgletter openers 3.jpg

letter openers 4.jpgletter openers 5.jpg
          George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

George,

Your letter openers look really great, the teachers will love them. I really like the different designs you chose.

Nancy in AZ
            A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Thanks Nancy. As usual, it takes longer to design a group of patterns than to cut them out. I had some doubt about the books and computer being visible since I cut them with a #2 RT blade but they showed clearly after two coats of varnish.

george
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X