Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Floor Style Material

Hey All,

I had a friend give me a couple box's of leftover flooring. I had enough to do our bathroom floor... and not much else. So with the leftover, I tried scrolling. Sad to say, I don't think it is good for scrolling. I wend through 5 blades just to cut the picture (attached). Also, the edges of the topflooring laminate chipped out a bit.

Might be good for something larger... like a magazine rack... and maybe a scrolled name on it. But I think this material is a bust for scrolling...
    Attached Files

You might try a metal cutting blade. definitely not a skip tooth
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

yea, it's basically cardboard with a plastic photo glued on top. I wouldn't scroll it, but I do have a few pieces in my shop. I'm made drawer bottoms with it. I also find it works great for glueing stuff on. Wipe it down with some johson's paste wax to help prevent glue from sticking to the surface.
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
        3-layer sailboat plaque
        by Ennobee
        After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
        which I still have to keep trying until...
        Today, 12:23 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
        Yesterday, 11:21 PM
      • Ennobee
        Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
        by Ennobee
        Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
        Yesterday, 10:34 PM
      • Jim Finn
        Reply to Blades
        by Jim Finn
        I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
        Yesterday, 10:09 PM
      • Jim McDonald
        Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
        by Jim McDonald
        Scott,
        I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
        We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
        Yesterday, 05:20 PM
      Working...
      X