Taking a break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a break

I had to get away from the insanity and madness of planning an outdoor wedding. What better way than spending some time with my saw ?

Did this for my mom, who is visiting today as she cannot be present for the festivities next weekend. She collects lighthouses and this one is located in NC near where she lives. We have visited it many times

cherry light.JPG

pattern by earthwalker. 8 x 10 1/8 cherry ply w/golden pecan stain and deft semi. 2/0 FD " easy spiral " and FD #3 SR

I stacked this and did a second one in red oak ply for the " stash " In retrospect, I wish I had extended the landscape portion to the edges of the portrait and brought the top down a bit
    Oh well, learning is part of the game and I'm sure mom won't mind !

Thanx for lookin
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Glad you got to get some time for yourself on the saw!

I have to play with many patterns also to extend out the edges, but yours looks fine anyway!

N.Carolina has several lighthouses, if I'm not mistaken that one is Cape Hatteras? Have you been to any others? Such as Bodie Island or Currituck? I think there is also one at Bald Head NC
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• old fa_t
      Reply to Recommendations anyone?
      by old fa_t
      I appreciate the input from everyone but, I need clarify to my work? space. I originally stated my area measures 6'X10' and, it does. But, I only have about 5'X5' of available space and, that's without taking myself into consideration.
      I know from past undertakings, that I can and will confine...
      Today, 09:59 AM
    • Jimern
      by Jimern
      I'll add in some food for thought too. I was unsure if I would enjoy this hobby (addiction) so I started with the Porter Cable from Lowes. I think it is a good entry level saw, 5 months later I found an Excaliber on Craigs List and have been happy ever since.
      Today, 09:33 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Farmers market
      by Rolf
      Well that is good news! You really have a nice collection of items love the Wolf. I just might have to make a few pepper mills. And test our market.
      it will be interesting to see how my consignment sales will be. They were this weekend and again next weekend. I will know after that when I pick...
      Today, 09:04 AM
    • Rolf
      by Rolf
      Food for thought, When I first started scrolling my thinking was "all I want to do is this and I will never do that as it doesn't interest me". I didn't know I would be working with SSWWC or get sucked into creating Intarsia or doing large intricate fretwork, like Charles Hand designs....
      Today, 08:54 AM
    • old fa_t
      by old fa_t
      Thank you all for giving me a little more to consider. I thought I had covered everything in my mind until others chimed in!
      At least at this point in life, I'm not under a time constraint.
      Today, 07:37 AM
    Working...
    X