what finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what finish

Hi. I made a couple of new things today. The heart came out better than I expected. It has not had the finish put on yet.I plan to paint the side red and then spray a lacquer clear finish.It is made from 9mm and 4mm birch ply. The box is the first ever I have made. The box part is made up of two pieces of 18mm MDF and the base is 2.5mm MDF while the lid is 6mm MDF with a 2.5mm piece under the lid that fits inside the bix. I made a hardwood heart to go on the top which is not glued on yet.

I have been giving some thought as to how I will finish the box, what readily comes to mind is a coat of primer followed by two coats of semi-gloss acrylic paint. If anyone has any other ideas I would be glad to hear them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fretnot; 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to My computer issues.
    by Linda In Phoenix
    I upgraded back in early winter. I got one with both a solid state as well as hard drive. I couldn't move over my Office 2010 because I'd bought it as a download (which was still functioning just fine for what I used it for) and I never switched it to subscription because of the cost. The old download...
    Today, 12:39 PM
  • Rolf
    New turning tools
    by Rolf
    I just picked up a couple of new heavy handled bowl gauges. 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch from two friends that have tool supply businesses.
    Our next Scroll saw club challenge will be segmented scroll saw bowls. I don't sand my bowls, too time consuming, so I will be turning them after glue up.
    Today, 08:04 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    One problem with upgrading was that many of the programs I use are now subscription based. That really frosts my butt I finally accepted the fact that I normally renew my software frequently anyway the cost difference is negligible.

I did not go with a solid state drive, probably...
    Today, 07:58 AM
  • will8989
    by will8989
    Actually, I think mine is more than 10 years old. And what brand would that be? Remember who you’re talking to here about computers.
    Today, 07:49 AM
  • NC Scroller
    by NC Scroller
    If you buy a new computer you want to get a solid state hard drive. No moving parts to break or wear out....
    Today, 07:43 AM
Working...
X