hack-berry anygood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hack-berry anygood!

I had a large limb 16" across fall in the yard ,any body have any experience with using for projects ,intarsia primarily ,resaw ,is it worth the effort ,don't hear much about it .Any body ,any info appreciated be a shame to waste if good!
    Thanks !
    M.V.B.
    Carl
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

I have a very beautiful bowl made from hackberry that Rick Hutcheson sent to me. I sure wouldn't throw that stuff away if you can find any use for it at all.

Jan

Comment

thank you Jan .tomorrow a.m. we start cutting her up ,so I'll cut it up appropiately ,in fact I have a couple small pieces already cut ,so i think I may go down to the shop and see how they resaw.Hows the grain and the color?
      M.V.B.
      Carl

Comment

Check out Rick Hutcheson's website. I'm sure you'll see pictures of the hackberry bowls. They're light tan with dark streaks. Just Google Rick and you'll find him.

Jan

Comment

I LOVE Hackberry! ...especially if it has gray streaks going through it. Hard wood, but cuts really nice on the scroll saw, and sands up well too.
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

thanks janet ,will ck it out .I've got a ton of it now ,resawed small log last nite
            almost white small tan streaks ,nice grain ,stringy and a little spiraled when you try to split ,heavy and hard .any other vertures good or bad would be appreciated ,from those who have used.
            M.V.B.
            Carl

Comment

I Live in Al We use in in our I am turner and will turn out a good looking bowl I wish you live closer i would like to have some to turn. Paul

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Basket C15
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Did this thread get hacked? That is a very strange sidetrack from KyivWorkshop.
                Today, 04:21 PM
              • handibunny
                Reply to Question about tilting head saws
                by handibunny
                It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
                Today, 02:10 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to What you find when cleaning out a cedar chest
                by will8989
                This is the tapestry I found in the cedar chest. We can’t identify where the pictures are from. Two among many. I also forgot to mention dad was also in the army Fife and Drum Corps and also played with a big band when he was discharged. Have to find that info....
                Today, 12:34 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Bruce doing great
                by will8989
                What a morning. The therapists were quite pleased with what he could do. He took the wrap off today and he can walk with the walker with very little pain. It’s getting the leg completely straight that is hard to do. It’s when his brother stopped in that things went off rails. Rolf, we are talking...
                Today, 12:19 PM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Question about tilting head saws
                by Sandy Oaks
                If you are referring to 3D Compound cutting, the blade is 90 degrees to the table and not tilted. I use the tilting head for things like inlays and Carole's bowls. If you want a tilting arm, be sure it is rack and pinion. Look at other features that may fit your needs. As a Pegas dealer, I can help...
                Today, 11:32 AM
              Working...
              X