hack-berry anygood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hack-berry anygood!

I had a large limb 16" across fall in the yard ,any body have any experience with using for projects ,intarsia primarily ,resaw ,is it worth the effort ,don't hear much about it .Any body ,any info appreciated be a shame to waste if good!
    Thanks !
    M.V.B.
    Carl
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

I have a very beautiful bowl made from hackberry that Rick Hutcheson sent to me. I sure wouldn't throw that stuff away if you can find any use for it at all.

Jan

Comment

thank you Jan .tomorrow a.m. we start cutting her up ,so I'll cut it up appropiately ,in fact I have a couple small pieces already cut ,so i think I may go down to the shop and see how they resaw.Hows the grain and the color?
      M.V.B.
      Carl

Comment

Check out Rick Hutcheson's website. I'm sure you'll see pictures of the hackberry bowls. They're light tan with dark streaks. Just Google Rick and you'll find him.

Jan

Comment

I LOVE Hackberry! ...especially if it has gray streaks going through it. Hard wood, but cuts really nice on the scroll saw, and sands up well too.
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

thanks janet ,will ck it out .I've got a ton of it now ,resawed small log last nite
            almost white small tan streaks ,nice grain ,stringy and a little spiraled when you try to split ,heavy and hard .any other vertures good or bad would be appreciated ,from those who have used.
            M.V.B.
            Carl

Comment

I Live in Al We use in in our I am turner and will turn out a good looking bowl I wish you live closer i would like to have some to turn. Paul

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X