Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toni, this is what I really think

About your Got Seed pattern. Fabulous!
    When I first seen this pattern, I knew I had to use it for something, so when hubby decided he wanted a clock in the bathroom Got Seed was the one I chose.
    It's cut from Willow, not a great wood to use, it's very opened grain much like pine. It was very difficult to get a smooth finish, lots of work. I found it burned real easy, especially around the outer edge where I used the router, and not a very pleasant odor, but the grain is pretty. I finished with 3 coats of satin varnish.
    Thanks Toni for another great pattern.
    Thanks for looking
    Marsha
    Got Seed clock 001.jpg
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

That picture/clock looks great. Your right about willow too, it is very fuzzy wood because it grows super fast. It is much softer than a pine, it is related to basswood and cottonwood...basically a swamp tree. The stability when dry is ok, but it could go funky fast in a bathroom. I wouldn't recommend any wooden art, especially if you do frets in a bathroom. The moisture is hard on the finish, and causes warping. If it is a half bath, no shower/tub, then you are in better shape. I hope if you decide to have this in a bathroom that it won't become damaged, because you really did a great job building it.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Nice, i saw that pattern and said i wonder what it would look like.
      Now i know it looks great !!

pete
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

well done

Thank you Marsha!

Got Seeds is a personal favorite of mine, suppose that is why she's done in fretwork, segmentation and intarsia.

You did a wonderful job on her, and of course I'd like to add that photo to our customer's gallery on the site.

Job well done.

Take care
        Toni

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Jeff you're so right, I'm taking it out of the bathroom. I'm very familiar with how a willow grows, having grown up with a backyard full of it. Not to mention our plumming, my dad paid a fortune to remove the willow branch that grew up through the toilet. LOL

Marsha

Comment

Beautiful job Marsha! Really beautiful!
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

That looks terrific Marsha. Nice job.
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Marsha,
                Now you've done it ! I gotta put this one on my to do list now too !
                Like Pete, I have wondered what this one would look like and you've clinched it for me
                Beautiful job !
                ...~Robert~
                DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Originally posted by Toni Burghout
                  You did a wonderful job on her, and of course I'd like to add that photo to our customer's gallery on the site.
                  Job well done.
                  Take care
                  Toni
                  Toni, I was hoping you would like it. I very much need to make functional projects, my daughter thinks this is a fault I have because I can't just cut a pattern for the beauty of the pattern. My projects have to be "something" rather then just a piece of art.
                  I'm flattered that you would want to put it in the customer gallery.

To every one else
                  Thanks for the kind words

Marsha

Comment

Gallery Updated

Marsha,

I've updated the CBD Gallery, and your "Got Seeds" is among the updates....

Take care
                    Toni

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X