Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretnot
    replied
    Its is always nice to help someone. We all had to learn and we all had our problems and it is the people on here that we all looked to when we first decided to take up the scroll saw. I get a real buzz when I have managed to help someone on the learning curve and in recent weeks I have bee guiding a young lady via e-mails and telephone calls and she is making real progress with some impressive work. She still struggles with the finer points for there is only so much you can learn over the phone or an e-mail so I jokingly said she could come down for a week for some hands on experience and she has jumped at the chance and just to make her experience all the more enjoyable I am getting a new Hegner for her to practice on.

Leave a comment:

• mtnman
    replied
    Cathy, I second your sentiment. This is a wonderfully helpful group of super nice folks. I too feel fortunate to have stumbled into this group when I was needing a lot of assistance and encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• cskipper
    started a topic This is a wonderfully generous group!

This is a wonderfully generous group!

I don't post often, but am always happy with how generous this group is whether sharing patterns or experience. Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of the group.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
    Reply to My covid angel
    by planeur
    Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
    And on each cloud touching the body ?
    I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by will8989
    I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
    Yesterday, 12:27 PM
  • Don in Brooklin On
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by Don in Brooklin On
    Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
    Yesterday, 11:59 AM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
    Yesterday, 11:24 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by NC Scroller
    I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
    Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Working...
X