Fretwork Wheelbarrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretwork Wheelbarrow

They call for # 2reverse blade i used #3 will that a problem This is dumb will that be change any thing? Also am new what make the fretwork on wheelbrrow Help

Paul
    Helena Al

Paul, allot of the time you will find using a different blade than what the pattern calls for will be just fine. You might find different blades will work good or even better for you. If you have what they call for, use it, but if you have something close to that size, try using that. In most cases, you will find it will still cut the wood. Different thickness of wood will also have you using different blades. The same goes for cutting soft wood (pine) or hard woods (Walnut) will mean using different blades. Now you know why we keep many different size blades on hand.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Paul,
      An Olson # 2 is very close to a # 3 FD blade. FD does not make #'s 2 and 4 blades.
      FD Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

Won't be a problem. There are no real hard & fast rules when it comes to blades. Generally speaking, most projects can readily be cut with a range of blade sizes. The difference between a #2 and a #3 is not enough to be an issue. Blades are very much a matter of personal preference. Experienced scrollers can differ on which type and size of blade they prefer for a given project, but you would never be able to tell the difference in the finished product. In the end, it's all about what you are comfortable using.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I made a fretwork wheelbarrow using a #3 FD. Like others have said it doesn't matter that much what you use.

Comment

I will agree with all of the above. If you look at the thickness of the blade you will probably find that they are identical. Difference is in the amount of teeth per inch.
            Fred
            aka Pop's Shop
            Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

I used a #5 FD UR blade to make mine... came out just fine. I use #5 for just about everything...

Comment

I cut this one with a FD #3.
                Attached Files

Comment

I made mine with FD#2/0 worked for me. Edward
                  http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                    The bags seem easier on the surface.
                    But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                    Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                    Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                    Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by NC Scroller
                    I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                    Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    by NC Scroller
                    I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                    Yesterday, 07:39 AM
                  Working...
                  X