Tony's pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony's pig

Tony (my son) is a 42 YO child. He is autistic and is mentally handicapped. He lives with us and works at McDonalds where he keeps the dining room clean during lunch. I've been working on a project for Tony's brother, so when he asked me if we could make an animal for him, I dropped my other projects to help him make something. After a long time (more than a day) trying to pick which animal he wanted to make, he decided on a pig. We cut it out and I gave him some pink paint and a brush, as he wanted a pink pig.

Here is a shot of Tony & his pig.

Despite his handicap, Tony is an amazing person. He competes in Special Olympics and has represented Arizona on Team USA at 3 world Special Olympics competitions. This morning, I put him on a plane to go and compete in the Utah state games in cross country skiing. He has been going there to compete since he met Dave, the coach for the World Games in Austria in 93. The gate attendant must have liked him, as she upgraded him to first class.
    Attached Files
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Bless you and Tony.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story and part of your life with us.

Comment

Whoooo Hoooo way to go Tony. I really like your pig. Nice job!
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Awesome job Tony!! I concur with honeycow, thanks for sharing your story!! Sending positive thoughts to him in Utah with his competition!!! Please let us know how he does!!
          Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Jim, bless you -- and I can see you really are blessed. How wonderful to be able to add to someone else's happiness so easily -- not only in making the pig for Tony, but also for giving him the opportunity to help create it! Good job, Dad!

Comment

So cool. Thanks for sharing a pice of your life and i wish him the best in the competition. Also that is one nice pig!
              Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X