resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resizing

Hi, I received today a book called Wild & Wacky birdhouse and feeders.My question is, considering the patterns need to be enlarged some up to 200% what is a good resizing program to use, it must be simple I am not that computer savy. Any help will be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    Len
    Remember keep your blades sharp and your fingers safe

You will need a method to scan the drawing into your computer before software can resize it.

If you do not already own a scanner that is hooked up to your computer take the book to an office supply store. Tell them what patterns you want and what size of enlargement you want. Around here it is only a few cents a page to do this.

Bob

Comment

If you have the capability to scan the patterns. Get a copy of rapid resizer or posterazor.

PosteRazor - Make your own poster!

Rapid Resizer - Easily Enlarge Patterns, Drawings and Photographs
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi,
        I scan the pattern and then use a photo programme, even one like IrfanView, which is FREE, to adjust the size using, generally, the Image tab (resize).
        Works good enough for me.
        Hope it helps.
        Bob H.

Comment

I have "Paint" on my computer and re-sizing in that is simple.
          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Simple.

1- scan the picture and save the file on your computer.

2- open word and insert picture into new document.

3- size it to your needs.

4- print

If you need it bigger then 1 page, use excel and simple stretch the picture as big as you like. It will print across multiple pages.

Most of what I do is the size of a sheet of paper. So i will just right click on the image i want to print and select print. A window will pop up with a bunch of size options. i pick the one that is 8 x 10 and print it. It resizes itself.
            Last edited by crupiea; 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

i use a programe called RAPID RESIZER.
              not doing much
              and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

My printer is also a copier and can resize up to 200%. I then tape the single sheets together to make the bigger pattern. The only drawback is that the line thickness also increases.

george
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
                  Reply to Rose in dome
                  by Ennobee
                  Hi Alex.
                  after I tried some layered designs myself, and got some experience designing,... You asked what I think, here are some ideas:

​​​​​​​First off, as a project, the rose itself looks fantastic. Although the dome with its three layers of frame somehow reminds.me...
                  Today, 10:03 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by meflick
                  Congratulations Betty on the wonderful sales but not surprised given the quality and craftsmanship of both of your work.
                  Today, 09:36 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                  by meflick
                  Congratulations on the great sale and contribution it made for the hospital. Beautiful job on it.
                  Today, 09:34 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by meflick
                  Beautiful furniture pieces Jim. My husband was the original woodworker in our family and he mainly builds furniture pieces....
                  Today, 09:32 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Art crafters
                  by meflick
                  I noticed he had been MIA here in the forums (both here and in the Village) and he hadn’t replied to a tag on a FB page so I was worried he might unfortunately be sick. I am sorry to hear that he has been and that it was Covid and that he was hospitalized. I had been worried this might be the case....
                  Today, 09:30 PM
                Working...
                X