resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resizing

Hi, I received today a book called Wild & Wacky birdhouse and feeders.My question is, considering the patterns need to be enlarged some up to 200% what is a good resizing program to use, it must be simple I am not that computer savy. Any help will be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    Len
    Remember keep your blades sharp and your fingers safe

You will need a method to scan the drawing into your computer before software can resize it.

If you do not already own a scanner that is hooked up to your computer take the book to an office supply store. Tell them what patterns you want and what size of enlargement you want. Around here it is only a few cents a page to do this.

Bob

Comment

If you have the capability to scan the patterns. Get a copy of rapid resizer or posterazor.

PosteRazor - Make your own poster!

Rapid Resizer - Easily Enlarge Patterns, Drawings and Photographs
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi,
        I scan the pattern and then use a photo programme, even one like IrfanView, which is FREE, to adjust the size using, generally, the Image tab (resize).
        Works good enough for me.
        Hope it helps.
        Bob H.

Comment

I have "Paint" on my computer and re-sizing in that is simple.
          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Simple.

1- scan the picture and save the file on your computer.

2- open word and insert picture into new document.

3- size it to your needs.

4- print

If you need it bigger then 1 page, use excel and simple stretch the picture as big as you like. It will print across multiple pages.

Most of what I do is the size of a sheet of paper. So i will just right click on the image i want to print and select print. A window will pop up with a bunch of size options. i pick the one that is 8 x 10 and print it. It resizes itself.
            Last edited by crupiea; 03-18-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

i use a programe called RAPID RESIZER.
              not doing much
              and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

My printer is also a copier and can resize up to 200%. I then tape the single sheets together to make the bigger pattern. The only drawback is that the line thickness also increases.

george
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
                  Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
                  by Gary beasley
                  Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
                  Yesterday, 02:34 PM
                • will8989
                  Wood supply
                  by will8989
                  We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
                  Yesterday, 09:58 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by will8989
                  He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
                  Yesterday, 09:49 AM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by RJweb
                  The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
                  Yesterday, 09:28 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by will8989
                  What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
                  Yesterday, 01:20 AM
                Working...
                X