Excalibur 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur 16

Hi Folks. My ex-21 went back to the supplier two weeks ago. I just could not use it any longer as it had so many problems. I called into the supplier yesterday to see what was happening and he said they are seeing the representative from the importers later today. I am hoping to get a full refund so I can get a Hegner but I may have to accept a replacement Excalibur and this being the case i would go for the Ex-16 as it will be more than big enough for the things I make and if I want anything bigger I have a Dewalt 788. I was wondering if you folks that have an ex-16 have had any problems and if so would you share them with me. I think apart from the size the 16 is exactly the same as the 21. Many thanks in advance.

the 16 is identical to the 21 cept for the length.
    what kind of problems were you having? dont see why they wouldnt fix the saw or get you
    a new one. hegner is good but excalibur is supposed to be the best, but if you already have
    a 788 why would you want something different?

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

Results

Hi Northener. I hate to say this but the excalibur is the worst saw I have ever had and I have used quite in few in the last 25 years. I could never get enough tension on the blade and as a result when I started the saw the white tension lever would flip over. The arms were impossible to get into alignment and there were other problems. The blade clamps were the worst design I have ever seen. I was going to get the ex-16 instead but one guy got through five of these with the same problems. Good news though, I had an e-mail from the supplier to say they were giving me a full refund but not until next month? The reason I need two scroll saws is that I earn my living from them and I cannot be without a scroll saw so if one lets me down i still have another, not only that but I can have them set up to do different jobs. The dewalt is a great machine, especially the mark one which I have but the finest saw in the world has to be the Hegner. You never here of them going wrong and all the parts are made from aircraft quality materials.

Comment

a hegner was my first saw but it had way to much vibration for me so i got rid of it, then i got a dewalt and had the same problem, wish i would have kept it now that i know how to fix the problems with it but i sold it and got an excalibur. its a really great saw, i cant change blades as fast as i could with the 788 but this machine is solid with a lot of great features.
        you should buy your 16 from ray at seyco, you wont find better customer service anywhere and if you buy from him your machine will be perfect as he tunes them before they go out the door.

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

No problems with my 16 in more than 2 years, great saw.

Comment

Thanks x-ray and Northener. I have had good and bad reports on the ex-16 but if I lived in the USA I would not hesitate getting one from Seyco but I am in the UK and Seyco don't ship outside the US. I feel I will be very happy with the Hegner when I eventually get it.

Comment

I have the Ex21. The blade clamps work just like the ones on the dewalt. You have a set screw and a thumb screw. The blade goes inbetween. If you weren't getting the proper tension and the white flip lever kept flipping back on you, either the white nylon screw needed to be adjusted or you just needed a new white flip lever assembly. I'm not understanding about getting the arms aligned. The upper arm can be moved up or down to your liking. There is no "proper alignment" to be made. It sounds like your supplier is basically clueless and has not given you the proper information and solutions to fix this saw. I've had one problem with the saw and it was the white flip lever. I messed it up by turning the nylon screw too much. I got sent another one and no problems. As a dewalt owner also, I cannot say that saw comes anywhere close to the EX. The problem here seems to be more the supplier than the saw.

Comment

Hi,
                Hegner 'lookalikes" seem to be fine, cheaper than Hegner. Axminster have one. Mine isn't an Axminster, postage from UK too great, but I'm sure it is from the same factory - different colours! Unlike the Excalibur I've heard of no bad comments about the "lookalikes".
                good luck.
                Bob H.

Comment

Last edited by woodhants; 03-30-2012, 04:19 PM. Reason: miss out - not

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X