My best tool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best tool!

I use blue painters tape on my projects and glue the pattern to it. I've tried spray and not really that impressed with it so I've stayed with elmers or titebond but it was hard to get the glue even out in the middle of a pattern so I made me a tool to make the job easier. I took a popsicle stick and cut it in 4 pieces and glued it to another stick, let it dry and now I can push the glue around with no problem.
    Attached Files

Ah Haa a glue rake.....Perhaps a glue squeegee---Nicely done.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

And it helps to explain the Popsicle stains on your shirt, great idea!

Comment

Recycling at its best.

BTW, I have had OK results spraying both the tape and the pattern back with contact cement, and waiting about a minute. This makes a permanent bond. However you only get one chance to place the pattern.
        Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

I use the spray glue sprayed to the back of a pattern and then placed onto the raw wood to be cut on the Scroll saw or Band saw. Of course it does not come off easy...mineral spirits place on a shop towel and dabbed onto what is left of the pattern and the wood works for me. Might be a bit messy for some but works for me.
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Hmmm....looks like a "disposable razor". Now that is a thought also. Good Idea.

Comment

Neat idea Darrell, the saying around here is, "anything that works" so if this works to make the glue spreading easier. Then your all set.
              Len

Comment

Try selling them as kid's toy razors.
                Paw Paw Ray

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PawPawsWorkshop

Comment

I'm curious as to why you're not impressed with adhesive spray? Applying glue to the back of your patterns seems to be much more of a hassle and how long does it take to dry so you can start cutting?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X