Blade Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Holder

I got tired of having my blade tubes rolling around and not being able to grab the one I needed so I built a holder. Plan on screwing it to the side of my Dewalt base.
    Made it out of Poplar and stained it Red Mahogany. I also cut lugs on the front pieces and stuck them through holes cut in the base plate so it should be plenty strong. The tubes came from Woodcraft and are about 7/8" X 6"
    Attached Files

Looks real nice, Okie. I like it. I have a lot move of them, so I had to make mine bigger. I just used pvc pipe & glued them on a tray with handle. Nice Job.
    PERK

Comment

I thought about that but right now I only use 4 different blades and I figure I could always build a bigger one if and when I need it.

Comment

Blade Holder

Here is the one I made.
        FD Mike
        Attached Files
        SD Mike

Comment

Nice job Mike...

By the way if you look down below the quick reply box you will see Go Advanced...
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Ok, I give up. What am I going to see after I see GO Advanced...?
            Im waiting for my next shipment of Flying Dutchman blades that I hope get here tomorrow to fill the new tubes.
            Last edited by Okie; 03-11-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Doesn't look pretty, but I bought a clear plastic case meant for storing screws - made sure (measured in the store) that the compartments could be configured to be long enough. Still have the blades (from Mike) sitting in the mailer package though! He has them in labelled bags, so I could store multiple types of blades in the same compartment if needed (I doubt I'll ever get that many types of blades though!).

Comment

Block, I used the little pieces of paper that comes with the flying Dutchman blades, I slip it inside the tube so. Can see which one is inside. I also write on top if the lid.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie View Post
                  Block, I used the little pieces of paper that comes with the flying Dutchman blades, I slip it inside the tube so. Can see which one is inside..
                  ///////////////////// SO I am not the only one doing that. Ha ha.
                  Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                  "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

X3, easiest way I could think of to label my blades!
                    Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
                    ///////////////////// SO I am not the only one doing that. Ha ha.
                    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
                    with a EX-21

Comment

Forgot to post this one.
                      It is for holding the blades for a Hegner saw.
                      FD Mike.
                      Attached Files
                      SD Mike

Comment

I made a blade holder out of small cardboard tubes.The blades I keep there tend to get a little rust on them. I now just lesve the blades in the container that Mike sends them in. No more rust. I also had a gross or more of different blades in that cardboard holder and knocked it on the floor. Have about 150 blades all mixed together. Some of the larger ones I can tell what they are. Most of the smaller blades I just guess what they are.
                        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                          Today, 09:32 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Sundays market
                          by will8989
                          We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                          Today, 08:56 PM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          Reply to Interesting pallet
                          by Jim McDonald
                          I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                          But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                          Today, 08:17 PM
                        • Quartz43
                          Reply to New tools
                          by Quartz43
                          I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                          Today, 03:40 PM
                        • hotshot
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by hotshot
                          You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                          Today, 02:27 PM
                        Working...
                        X