No announcement yet.

50 Easy Weekend Scroll Saw Projects ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Easy Weekend Scroll Saw Projects ???

Does any one happen to have this book. I've ordered a few scroll saw book from Amazon an this one came up as a recommendation. It looks like it might have some good projects in it and it under $10.00.Amazon.com: 50 Easy Weekend Scroll Saw Projects (9781565231085): John Nelson: Books I'm think it might be a good book to have for the grandkids and for me. Thanks for any feed back.
    Last edited by Band Saw Box; 03-06-2012, 06:18 PM.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

I don't have it. Come to think of it, I don't think I could do 50 projects in one weekend.
    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Since John Nelson is such a noted author, I would suggest checking a local library.
      You can probably check the book out free and copy the patterns you want.
      God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Let me show my ignorance. The posted price of this book is $9.95, yet it says 13 new for $7.99 and 27 used for $6.99. Why pay $9.99 if you can get it new for $7.99.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
          Let me show my ignorance. The posted price of this book is $9.95, yet it says 13 new for $7.99 and 27 used for $6.99. Why pay $9.99 if you can get it new for $7.99.

Am I missing something?
          You have to be used to Amazon. The 9.95 price is for Prime members, with free two-day shipping. When you check the vendors that sell for 7.99, you see that they are charging, $3+ for shipping, which effectively raises the price to over ten dollars.
          The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Hammer, Tgiro is right. I'm an Amazon prime member so I get free two day shipping in some cases it only one day. I ordered a surge protector yesterday about 4:30pm it arrived today before 1:00pm. So the $9.95 is the lower price. Spirithourse I could see if my local library has the book and just makes copy's but I just don't feel right about doing that.
            Last edited by Band Saw Box; 03-07-2012, 12:32 PM.
            sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
            To all who serve or have served, Thank you
            Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

I have that book. I've not cut anything from it. I find Nelson's patterns to intricate for my taste. I don't recall any projects I think would be suitable for kids.
              Marsha
              LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Dan Shoot me an email. I have lots of stuff for kids that I can't post. You won't beet the price I promise. That goes for anyone Rob OILY
                I like the kid stuff I'm testing right?
                May the wind at you back .....
                Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I have the book and like it. I enjoy the variety and most of the projects can be made out of plywood to see if you enjoy the style.
                  You may even come up with some ideas yourself once you look through it.
                  Libraries are a great source to look before you buy . No shame in grabbing a particular pattern if you don't want the whole book.

Roger

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X