Hegner Multimax 18in question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner Multimax 18in question

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Hegner Multimax 18 for $300, retail for a new one looks like $1200+. Seems like a good deal to me, but I would like some second opinions. Looks a little rusty, good deal or not? Seller guarantees works great. I have attached a picture of the saw. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by indychips; 03-01-2012, 07:06 PM.

I had mine for about 12 years and still very satisfied.
    The price looks good. If some is wrong you can always get parts.
    Rust can be removed.
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

Do you have a chance to give it a "test drive"? I don't see a quick release for the tension up front, but you can check with Advanced Machinery about whether that can be retrofitted. The price is a good one, if the machine won't need a lot of work. And if the rust is just surface, that shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree with Carol and Mike...go for it. I have two Hegners and parts are easy to get and easy to install....I have used Hegners for about 10 years and really like them....$300 for a working model is a steal!!
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I will be going to look at it tomorrow morning. I will be test driving it to make sure everything is in working order. Looks like a little rust removal and it will look pretty good too. thanks again

Comment

I also would say ...go for it! Great deal and like the others said, it's easy to get some new parts , maybe like a quick clamp for the blades to make life easier...
            Frieke
            www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

That is a deal! I paid $600 for a 1986 model Hegner just last year.
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                Today, 03:47 PM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Big week here
                by jim_mex
                Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                Today, 03:32 PM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to New tools
                by Quartz43
                You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                Today, 03:29 PM
              • wjbclocks1
                Reply to Big week here
                by wjbclocks1
                Enjoy life, Congrat....
                Today, 01:30 PM
              • Jim McDonald
                Reply to New tools
                by Jim McDonald
                Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                Today, 01:24 PM
              Working...
              X