Everybody helps someone sometime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody helps someone sometime

Some thing a little different.frame and subject are one pc. several diff.techs.
    1"x12" lowes white wood,prefinished masonite backer,nice change of pace.
    May I present" Big Turtle and Friend" comments welcome.
    M.V.B.
    Carl
    Attached Files
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

"Several diff. techs." is right - lookin good - Lowes white wood, eh? gotta go look at it.
    Fred
    aka Pop's Shop
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Carl -- That is amazing!! One piece?? Do you mind sharing what all you did to get this done? What are your "several diff.techs."?? It might have started out as a piece of 1x12 white wood, but with the touch of a master's hand, it is fully transformed.
      Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

I found a picture ,Nation Geo,Type mag.blew it up ,blocked out every thing I didn't want ,cut it out,penciled in the details ,started scrolling out as many details as I could ,carved in the rest, contour sanded,ingraved finer details finish sanded ,made up acyrlic washes ,and blended tones till I was satisfied light sanded and sealed w/acyrlic satin medium wash ,attached the prefinished backer board ,pre-cut to fit,then sprayed w/ acrylic satan spray & installed the hanger. Care has to be taken to crack or break the frame,kept frame supported W / separate frame from after cutting to mounting backer.

It was fun and deverse project ,I'm glad you liked it!
        M.V.B.
        Carl

Comment

Jim,I thought you might like to see another piece ,Made out of a pc, of plank I replaced on the actual historic Euharlee ,Ga. covered bridge solid oak started out 3 1/2" thick 16" wide was able to savage 32"x 12" 95+ yrs old harder than" billy be dam "heres my high relief carving 1 pc railings added.How you like!
          M.V.B.
          Carl
          Attached Files

Comment

Carl -- Thanks for the additional details on the techniques. Nice to see contour sanding, carving, & engraving used to enhance a scrolled project.

The covered bridge plank carving must be very special. Awesome work!!! I love it.

Thanks again. It is fantastic having master craftsmen like you here.
            Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

If I were Younger,I would ask if I could use you to be a reference on my resume, ,for the flowers !
              M.V.B.
              Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X