Hitachi cw40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi cw40

Help!!! My hitachi cw 40 scrollsaw just quit running. Checked the on off switch, has continuity, same with the fuse. Saw is about 1 and 1/2 two yrs old. Not that much use. Lowe's does not sell them any more. Anything else I should check.
    Thx
    Keep the faith always

You could check the motor brushes, and just touch them up wit emery paper

Comment

Thx for your quick reply wjbclocks1. I checked one brush ( left side), other side was recessed into the side ( right), vacuummed machine comp. still nothing. Maybe circuit board?
      Thx

Comment

The top switch is probably bad. Bypass it and see if it runs if so get a foot switch and use that instead. I used to have one of those and mine did that and that was my fix

DW
        Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
        John Wayne

Comment

Hey DW; I really appreciate the info. Will try that tomorrow and I'll let you know. What are you using now? I'm thinking of looking for a change.
          Thx
          Joe

Comment

Joe I found a good DeWalt 788 to replace it. There is another saw the Delta that is reportedly a good one as well. The Excalibur is a great saw but cost a bit too much for me at the moment. Also you might want to bookmark this link for a site were you can get the parts for that saw.

Hitachi CW40 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

Had mine do that. Took off the left side green plastic cover and gave everything a spin where the motor attaches. Took a few tries and it went back to working.
              Terry
              Got Moose?

Comment

Hey DW; I tried the by pass and still nothing. I also tried hittting the motor where the brushes are and turning like Terry said but, nothing. Think maybe its the motor? Thanks for that link. I'm going to give them a call. Really appreciate your help. Should have bought the DW couple yrss ago before they raised prices. Gonna start looking for a DW.
                Joe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X