The lost posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lost posting

I haven't been around in a while. Haven't had anything to really show or talk about (inspiration was lacking.) That being said, I have a few things First is a couple things that were given to my sister's boyfriend. Being the Doctor Who fans that My brother, my sister's person of interest, and I are, Doctor Who was a perfect fit for presents. The first is a picture of the 10th Doctor which was a pumpkin cutout pattern. The second was an idea of my brother. We took the design for the wooden robot and changed him into the 11th Doctor (the current one complete with Fez.). And last is not a present, but something made to prove to myself that it can be done. It's well, I don't know what to call it. It's a globe I guess , or as my brother put it, an office desk art piece. Shameless plug time: if anyone's interested in seeing what my brother does, look up voluminous-viking over at the woodcarving illustrated forum.
    Attached Files

I'm fascinated with the "office art" thingy - what a clever design! Did you create the idea/pattern? And the fez-guy, too - whoever designed those must be part engineer!

Comment

I'll go along with "office art thingy"
      Fred
      aka Pop's Shop
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Very, very nice. You have a great gift.
        FD Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

The, 'office art thingy', is awesome...!!
          ...Inspiring even....
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I'm glad so many are liking the thing. To answer an earlier question, the guy wtith the fez started out as a robot as seen in the Holiday 2010 issue then he got the paint job from my brother. And now onto the important piece. It is a design that I made up. This is actually the second version. The first one didn't have any clearance room so it didn't work in the least. Stupid me for not thinking of that. It's kind of a crude plan, but if you guys want to see it, I could upload it (instruction included of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by Labtechjc View Post
              I'm glad so many are liking the thing. To answer an earlier question, the guy wtith the fez started out as a robot as seen in the Holiday 2010 issue then he got the paint job from my brother. And now onto the important piece. It is a design that I made up. This is actually the second version. The first one didn't have any clearance room so it didn't work in the least. Stupid me for not thinking of that. It's kind of a crude plan, but if you guys want to see it, I could upload it (instruction included of course.)
              Please post the pattern if you wish. I can think of several folks that would want to make that one. Thanks,

DW
              Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
              John Wayne

Comment

It'll take a couple days but I'll the plan and instructions with pictures. I created a clean plan for it and took the first pictures of putting it together tonight.

Comment

Here it is. The pdf for the globe. If any of you submit it to the magazine under your name, I'll know.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It looks similar to an astronomy globe. It would appear that any item attached to the center ring could be rotated and spun for viewing at any angle or orientation without the need to change the viewing position.
                    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Yep. Even had the thought of putting a glass ball or something similar to it in the middle for an offset of color.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                        Reply to New tools
                        by jim_mex
                        Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                        Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                      • Hobbyhorse
                        Reply to New tools
                        by Hobbyhorse
                        Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                        Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                      • Hobbyhorse
                        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                        by Hobbyhorse
                        Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                        Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                      • KarlB
                        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                        by KarlB
                        Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                        Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                      • KarlB
                        Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                        by KarlB
                        Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                        Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                      Working...
                      X