golden puppy clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden puppy clock

My granddaughter loves animals and I just had to knock this one out for her yesterday for Valentine's Day. Start to finish was about 2 hours (including painting, gluing and finishing time). It is about 6" x 8" and cut in 3/8" maple with a 1/8" bb ply backer painted brown. I sprayed a couple of coats of shellac on it for a finish. The pattern is by White Tail Designs from the Jan 2008 issue of CWWC.

I bought some FD spirals from Mike recently and this is the second project I have cut with them. I used a #2/0 regular spiral (0.024 kerf) blade on this. I like them for the larger veining lines they produce, and they really cut quickly, but they don't allow me to make very sharp inside corners. Oh well, you win a few and you lose a few.

As usual, all criticisms and comments that make me a better scroller are greatly appreciated.

george

puppy clock.jpg
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

What a great keepsake . Nice work .
    Roger

Comment

wow, I just love it, great job and thanks for sharing.

Mike

Comment

Very nice job.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks folks. It was fun and easy to cut and she loved it. Mommy says it's hanging in her room already.

george
          A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
          George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

And I'll bet she keeps it forever too cute.Jerry
            Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
              Today, 12:59 AM
            • will8989
              Sundays market
              by will8989
              When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
              Today, 12:46 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
              Today, 12:27 AM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by jim_mex
              Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
              Yesterday, 08:47 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by KarlB
              Very well done!

Karl
              Yesterday, 07:36 PM
            Working...
            X