Bookmarks - photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarks - photos

Has anyone got photos of bookmarks they'd like to share? I was thinking about something like this for the christian gift store. I researched past threads and found just 2 examples. This would be something simple and cheap to make. How well something like this would sell is another question. What is a typical retail price for something like this, a buck or two? What is a common size, 1" X 3"? Should be able to get at least 3 dozen out of a sheet of 1/32" finnish ply which would make the cost less than 10c.

Thanks
    Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 10-09-2006, 07:53 PM. Reason: Forgot question mark.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

I've sold 1100 of these in the past year for $3 ea./4 for $10. The patterns are from Wildwood Designs. I cut them in stacks of 16 (1/32 Finnish birch ply) and fit 14 on a 12 X 12 sheet. On average, I get about 100 an hour like this.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Thanks Kevin. The tops look like they could break off so easily, though. What size are they, about 1 1/2" X 6"?

I appreciate you sharing.
      Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 10-09-2006, 08:02 PM.
      Mike

Comment

This is a simple bookmark that I did as a donation for our church. You could put any design you want on it. 1/32 Finnish birch, It is tougher than you think. It is not my best sample but it is the only one I had left.
        Attached Files
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Nice bookmark Rolf, Minnesota scroller all you need is a template for an outline and clip arts and you got yourself some nice book mark for the store your provide your work for.

Eric

Comment

sawdustus of hiawatha

Minnesota Scroller,

My daughter asked me for some for a book sale at granddaughters preschool. Needed to be Jewish themed. Took some clip art images, reduced them to about 1" x1" square and taped them over the images of the Wildwood Patterns I bought years ago. I enlarged the original images to 1.5" x 5.5" to make the patterns easier to saw. Stack cut 12 at a time and got 14/12"x12" 1/32 ply. Takes longer to stain by dipping them and to spray varnish than to cut. She is planning to sell them for $1 each which is less than I would have sold them for (probably 2 or 2.50). Good Luck. Sorry I don't have any images to show you.

Sawdustus
            A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
            George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

sawdustus of hiawatha

Minnesota Scroller,

I finally loaded this month's pictures into my computer and have uploaded one of the bookmarks that I made for my granddaughters preschool bookfair. I hope they are helpful to you in setting up the ones you want to make. Just be careful of the clip art program that you use. Some of them are proprietary and will only allow you to use their images for personal use. Others let you copy and sell products made with their images. You can usually find this information in the beginning of the manual that comes with each program. You may be able to get this info by calling or e-mailing the company. I hope this helps.

sawdustus

Untitled-2.jpg
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota scroller
                Thanks Kevin. The tops look like they could break off so easily, though. What size are they, about 1 1/2" X 6"?

I appreciate you sharing.
                Gees, sorry I missed your question! Yep, that's about the size and yes they can break off but hey, it's great for repeat business, hehehehe. Seriously though, I've been using one of the eagles for 2 years without a problem. They're more resilient than they look.
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

sawdustus of hiawatha

ps.

I convinced my daughter to sell them $2 each.

sawdustus
                  George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Bookmarks of swamp kauri, 6" long by 11/4" wide and 3/32 thick.

Rhys H.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those seem kinda thick for bookmarks. They sure do look nice, however. The lettering can't really be scrolled, is it? That would be some awful tiny letters to be scrolling.

Thanks for showing.
                      Mike

Comment

Mike,
                        The bookmarks are stamped with the words " Ancient New Zealand Swamp Kauri". The images at the tops are stack cut 7 deep and scrolled and they are finish sanded to give an oval section to them with the edges something less than 1/16th.
                        Rhys H.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                          Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                          by will8989
                          Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                          Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by will8989
                          Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                          Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                          Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Sundays market
                          by will8989
                          We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                          Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                        Working...
                        X