Creating word art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating word art

Is it possible to use Microsoft "Word" to create word art? If so I would I do it.
    Thanks.

It's possible and fairly easy if you want all of your letters to be in a row (curves count as rows.) Look for the slanty A at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts. You can expand or contract the type but I have not found a way to move individual letters. Personally, I use Print Shop to create my word art.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

I use word to make my lettering printouts. I find the little drop down menu at the corner of the font bar (just above the working area) I then select my font the size and then I select outline, underline, and italics. I just draw in the base with a pencil just above the underline.
      Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

There is a free program named Inkscape available. It is very good at word art as well as merging graphics and text into patterns. All sorts of manipulation is possible and quite easy to learn. There is a virtually limitless supply of fonts available for free to create your word art.

Comment

this thread might help http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/inf...ange/39388.htm
          Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

font

I like using the free font site
            Dafont.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Wood identification needed
              by Rolf
              This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
              Today, 07:38 AM
            • handibunny
              Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
              by handibunny
              I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
              Today, 07:01 AM
            • handibunny
              by handibunny
              If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
              Today, 06:59 AM
            • dgman
              by dgman
              The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
              Yesterday, 10:40 PM
            • vgraf
              Wood identification needed
              by vgraf
              I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
              Yesterday, 09:31 PM
            Working...
            X