Magazines and patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines and patterns

How do you organize and keep track of all of your magazines and all of the patterns? Is there any where I could get a digital copy of patterns to make it easier to stay organized?

There have in the past been projects making boxes for the storage of magazines but I don't recall any declared an organizer. Direct your digital copy question to Bob Duncan he can probably answer it.

Comment

Fox Chapel has for sale 2 DVDs with SSWC magazines on them with all the patterns, volume 1 has issue 1 to 12, and volume 2 has issue 13 to 24
      Scroll Saw
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Wood Dog, I've just looked at your link and it costs $37 to post one $34.95 DVD to the UK so I'll be giving those a miss thank you.

Comment

Scan your pattern or artwork and save it to your computer.
          May the wind at you back .....
          Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Someone is getting ripped here. I checked the site and as stated it is $37.00 US just for postage to the UK. On the USPS Site however they show a DVD package shipping rate to the UK of $16.95. $20.00 difference, Why ?

Tom

Comment

My wife gets a catalog from harrietcarter.com They have plastic magazine holders that you can use to put your magazines in a 3-ring binder. The item # is c4189 They cost $9.98 for a pack of 50. If you look at the item at the site, a person could make their own out of some 1/8" ply. I bought the pack of 50, and some 3-ring binders at a flea market. For about $25 or so, it was extremely worth it to me to organize all of my magazines into a bookcase.
              Paul
              www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Originally posted by Tom J. View Post
                Someone is getting ripped here. I checked the site and as stated it is $37.00 US just for postage to the UK. On the USPS Site however they show a DVD package shipping rate to the UK of $16.95. $20.00 difference, Why ?

Tom
                Elementary My dear Watson !

Comment

I use the three ring binder. I have one for of the mags and I keep them in separate books in order of the issue and the year. This works for mebut may want try something else.
                  jellis

Comment

I think there was just a discussion about the shipping issue and it was taken care of.
                    Shannon or Bob cleared it up.

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/pub...ck/42714-4.htm
                    Last edited by Rolf; 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I as well scan all of the patterns (digitize them) and then store each month's patterns in its own folder. I also make a PP presentation for each month stored in the same folder. Then I run a "directory lister" program and put that in a spread sheet. With them in the spread sheet, I can alphabetize by pattern name or directory. Works for me. (my 2% of a buck)
                      Fred
                      aka Pop's Shop
                      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Originally posted by popsshop View Post
                        I as well scan all of the patterns (digitize them) and then store each month's patterns in its own folder. I also make a PP presentation for each month stored in the same folder. Then I run a "directory lister" program and put that in a spread sheet. With them in the spread sheet, I can alphabetize by pattern name or directory. Works for me. (my 2% of a buck)

I would realy like to see an example of this. Is there some way for you to post an example or email me.

All the Best
                        Curt

Comment

Send a message to Bob or Shannon about the shipping charges. There was a problem with the charges to Canada and they fixed it up.
                          The CDs are all on sale with a code that is in the latest issue. I would imagine the code would be good for any part of the world.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Myers View Post
                            I would realy like to see an example of this. Is there some way for you to post an example or email me.

All the Best
                            Curt
                            Same here. This sounds very interesting. Me, I not too organized.
                            Bill

Dewalt 788 Type 1

Comment

I scan the ones I want. That lets me use Inkscape or another program to resize the pattern to fit the wood or the frame available. I also keep a copy on a thumb drive so there is a backup.
                              Terry
                              Got Moose?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X