Saw Dust Blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Dust Blower

Hi Group. I am having a problem with the saw dust blower tube on my 788. I'm faily new at this and still practicing. During one session I inadvertantly knocked the blower tube off of the connection on the frame. Simple enough, I just re-attached it. The problem is that now it keeps moving on its own and sometimes falls off. Have any of you experienced this and if so what would be a suitable corrective solution other than the 1,012th use of duct tape? Thanks in advance, Flintlockjoe.

When you hit it initially, you may have cracked the first plastic joint that connects to the ball on the machine. Pop that joint off and push the next joint onto the machine.

It does make the tube shorter. You can get new tubes from: DeWALT DW788 TYPE 2 parts breakdown on ToolPartsDirect.com
    The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

When working with that jointed tubing, heat it with either hot water or hair drier. Will be much easier to work with.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Thanks Guys. The first segmented joint is not cracked, I must live right! I did notice something about temperature though. My saw is located in my unheated garage. The cold doesn't bother me too much. The day that I had the problem it was pretty cold. The day that I read your replies it was unseasonably warm. As I inspected and adjusted the hose I noticed that it was holding its position and staying attached. I'm thinking that maybe I should consider buying a Big Boy Heater and a spare 20lb tank. Its possible that my 788 was born in the south and prefers a more temporate climate, (LOL). Thank you again for you replies, Flintlockjoe.

Comment

The plastic on those tubes should not be impacted by the cold unless you are talking sub zero. It is very likely when you reattached it you did not seat it all the way. As Mike said dip it in VERY hot water for a minute will soften it up slightly to allow you to properly reattach.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Have a great day, Flintlockjoe

Comment

I would not use one of the BIB Boy open faced heaters in a confined shop. To much risk for an explosion from air born dust particles. Get a GOOD ELECTRIC HEATER not one with glowing elements though.
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the concern Mike. It brings to mind my High School Chem Teacher captivating our attention with his instructions of how to build a flour bomb and its destructive capabilities. Today a teacher would find themselves in hot water for even bringing up the subject. Have a great day, Flintlockjoe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by tgiro01
                  One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                  Today, 08:18 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Interesting pallet
                  by Rolf
                  That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                  Today, 08:16 AM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                  by Quartz43
                  I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                  Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Interesting pallet
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                  Yesterday, 07:27 PM
                • Misouri Wayne
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by Misouri Wayne
                  Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                  Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                Working...
                X