Project Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Question?

I have a dilema & can't decide what I should do with this new project. It's a 3/4 in. thick bass wood piece with the bark on either side & the pattern I made myself. Should I cut it or wood burn it? It is a little thick for cutting, but, not a problem. I'm just going to run it buy all of you to see how you feel about it. I'll let you know what I decide & the finished project will be posted for you to view. Thanks for any ideas or give me a push. HA
    Attached Files
    PERK

If it were me I would burn it. This is a great pattern and it would look amazing with different shades of burning.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

If you are experienced in pyrography I'd burn it as well. It will look awesome.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I agree, burn it or carve it.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Cut baby, Cut!
          Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Perk, how about a combination of both cutting and burning? I have done that on several pictures, they look great together.
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Thanks everyone & Mick, I have done both on some pieces too. I have been leaning toward that or just burning, because it is basswood, no wood grain. They use it a lot for carving . As a matter of fact, that's where I got the piece of wood. At our Wood Carvers annual show. They do some awsome carving & burning too, with their carvings. Will be a while before I get a start on this, as I'm finishing up the Iwo Jima cuttings that I did. Just finishing the frames. Thanks for your comments everyone.
              PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to My beauties
                by will8989
                He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
                Today, 10:55 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
                by Rolf
                Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
                Today, 07:54 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to My beauties
                by Rolf
                I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
                Today, 07:49 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to My beauties
                by NC Scroller
                You are one busy lady. About how long does it take to cut one?
                Today, 05:51 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Hegner Multimax-18 for sale Tucson
                by NC Scroller
                Good luck.
                Today, 05:47 AM
              Working...
              X