Project Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Question?

I have a dilema & can't decide what I should do with this new project. It's a 3/4 in. thick bass wood piece with the bark on either side & the pattern I made myself. Should I cut it or wood burn it? It is a little thick for cutting, but, not a problem. I'm just going to run it buy all of you to see how you feel about it. I'll let you know what I decide & the finished project will be posted for you to view. Thanks for any ideas or give me a push. HA
    Attached Files
    PERK

If it were me I would burn it. This is a great pattern and it would look amazing with different shades of burning.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

If you are experienced in pyrography I'd burn it as well. It will look awesome.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I agree, burn it or carve it.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Cut baby, Cut!
          Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Perk, how about a combination of both cutting and burning? I have done that on several pictures, they look great together.
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Thanks everyone & Mick, I have done both on some pieces too. I have been leaning toward that or just burning, because it is basswood, no wood grain. They use it a lot for carving . As a matter of fact, that's where I got the piece of wood. At our Wood Carvers annual show. They do some awsome carving & burning too, with their carvings. Will be a while before I get a start on this, as I'm finishing up the Iwo Jima cuttings that I did. Just finishing the frames. Thanks for your comments everyone.
              PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to Big week here
                by jim_mex
                Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                Today, 03:32 PM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to New tools
                by Quartz43
                You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                Today, 03:29 PM
              • wjbclocks1
                Reply to Big week here
                by wjbclocks1
                Enjoy life, Congrat....
                Today, 01:30 PM
              • Jim McDonald
                Reply to New tools
                by Jim McDonald
                Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                Today, 01:24 PM
              • Jim McDonald
                Big week here
                by Jim McDonald
                Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                Today, 01:20 PM
              Working...
              X