Delta scroll saw for $350 @ Woodcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta scroll saw for $350 @ Woodcraft

i got an issue of a woodworking magazine this week and it had a Woodcraft ad in it saying they will be having a sale for the Delta scroll saw with light and stand starting on 1-28-12 'while supplies last' and i think the price was going to be around $350

Buy Delta 20 Variable Speed Scroll Saw Model 40-690 at Woodcraft

thats a fantastic price again and im hoping i can get a few of my items sold so i can buy one! but i wanted others here to know about this great deal. its not a Dewalt but its the same exact thing and you can always paint it yellow if you absolutely have to.

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Delta has come out with a new model, 40-695. Check out the new post under "Tools and blades".
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

If you are thinking about buying one you had better not wait. The individually owned stores (Baltimore,MD) were selling them for $349.99 at the beginning of Jan. and sent an add in there e-mail flier. When I called about them they were all ready sold out and said they would not be getting any more because they were being closed out. I called the Woodcraft catalog store and they had some but they were still $619.00. You might want to call them and see if you can reserve one for the sale price. I did track one down in the Delaware store and picked it up last week and so far I am happy with it.
      Last edited by mdbaydog; 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

They have list the best scrollsaw as the new Delta as the best buy also , and the Dewalt as the second best choice ..............MB
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Follow the thread Mick spoke of to see my comments on that Delta saw. And yes, there is a very limited supply of them, the Woodcraft store nearest me got in 6 of them two days ago, and as of this afternoon they only had one still available. Jump on it if you can afford it!
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I've had a chance to try out the new Delta. It's almost the same as the old one, but I see a few cosmetic changes. The speed dial and on/off switch look a little different, but the action, speed, and blade systems are the same as far as I can tell. Now it looks like they switched up a few parts when they painted the DW788 grey.
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

it figures

I just got a 40-690 for $470ish. Have not put it together - trying to decide if I'll have the table expoxied or powder coated or something to prevent rust (I'll start a new thread on this).

I was in Home Depot browsing magazines and saw the ad, which triggered me to search (via Google) and find this thread. Totally coincidentally, I joined this earlier today from work.

Comment

Depending on where you bought it, some places will price match.The only problem with that is they exclude close out items, and would most likely they would call this a close out sale. I apply Johnson's Paste wax to all of my cast iron stationary tools tables,it helps prevent rust and makes the wood slide on the surface much easier.

Comment

Got mine. Can hardly wait to use it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                    Ornament Exchange
                    by daveswoodworking
                    I have the Ornament and Secret Santa Exchange up and ready for everyone that what’s to join this year you have until nov. to sign up this year thank you all that joins up this year
                    Yesterday, 08:12 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
                    by sawdustus
                    Thanks for the info Denny. When I cut acrylic I always use a skip tooth blade at a slower speed. I just did not realize that the epoxy would cut the same way as acrylic so I followed the materials list in the article.
                    George
                    Yesterday, 12:39 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to tooth fairy box
                    by sawdustus
                    OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
                    George
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Yesterday, 12:34 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
                    by sawdustus
                    OK folks, picture....I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here are a few of the autumn leaves I cut against the beautiful blue sky we had this morning.
                    George
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Yesterday, 12:32 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to What do you make
                    by will8989
                    Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut....
                    09-23-2021, 10:09 PM
                  Working...
                  X