Wooden Gear Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Gear Clock

I am 18 years old and am trying to do the wooden gear clock shown in issue 26 (spring 2007). I copied the pattern out of my grandpa's magazine a few years ago, but now the magazine is lost. I'm looking at the copied set of patterns that I have and they don't seem to be the right size (unless the clock is huge). I must have accidentally copied them at an enlarged percent? I was wondering if anyone with the original pattern could tell me some of the exact dimensions such as the front and back frame, the bob, hour/minute hands, etc. Any dimensions will work so that I can reduce the pattern down to that size, because I'm pretty sure the clock won't work unless exact.
    Check out my blog and see my creations! scrollbench.com

Check out my Etsy shop here!

I can't help you but you might be able to order that magazine...look here on the site and see if it's still available.
    It is the Scroll Saw mag isn't it?

Comment

The frame is 9.32 inches minute hand is a little over 6-1/2" (6.5145" to be exact). There were a lot of missing dimensions in the magazine patterns make sure you go to the Print Article Index on the left side of the screen and download the attachments for the clock. Also check out Marc Tovar's site for even more info here is the link MLT-13
      Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

Check out this site. The changes are located on the upper right as Attachments.

Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts - Wooden Gear Clock
        Happy Wood Working!

Joe W

Comment

Do
          A serch there is a lot of info here on this site and there are some guys that will help you get it done. I have made two of them they are awesome

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
            by will8989
            Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
            Yesterday, 11:31 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            by Jim McDonald
            My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
            Yesterday, 07:07 PM
          • Redlee
            Hello all, new here.
            by Redlee
            New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
            I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
            Thanks
            Yesterday, 05:54 PM
          • Ralph123
            Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
            by Ralph123
            I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
            Yesterday, 02:05 PM
          • meflick
            by meflick
            Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
            Yesterday, 12:14 PM
          Working...
          X