up coming project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up coming project..

I received a pattern in the mail on Saturday from Wildwood Design, come to find out my wife took an interest in my new catalog and ordered this pattern for me to do for Christmas gifts..

I think she has me doing 5 or 6 of them...
    I had to take a break from my horse head so I guess after next weekend I'll have to get busy in the shop...

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Gotta hide them catalogs from the women folk.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

lol Trout I know how ya feel buddy my wife sees my new catalogs way before I get home from work and always has stuff picked out she likes heeh
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

this is a first...

any other time my wife has no intrest in my scroll sawing other than if it makes me happy then she's happy...
        she has sent me to the shop a couple times..she'll say, don't you have a project to work on!

I'll make her wine holders for her....one of them will be going to her boss who already has one of my fish in his office...

but when it comes to fishing that's another story...

Trout
        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

LOL Trout I have to hide my catalogs from the wife cause if she sees them ,she wants to get most of them lol
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

don't you just love it when...

your wife forces you to buy new tools...
            here's my new addition to my shop...
            the trade I made for my steelhead trout for a router came in handy on this one...

now that my horse head is done I figured I better get started on the wine holders..

Trout
            Last edited by Trout; 10-15-2006, 06:53 PM.
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

yeah those router tables come in handy Trout, you can do some amazing things with one, the wine holder looks like its coming along really good can't wait to see the finished project

Comment

It really dose hold a wine bottle....

all it needs now is a couple coats of clear and I'll have one done...

I do need to work on the grapes..it says to use 1/8 hard maple but I don't have any so I used oak. I won't be adding the 1/8 spacer because the oak is to brittle and I sure would hate for it to brake since I'm giving them away as gifts...

Trout
                Last edited by Trout; 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM.
                Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

I'm really taken with these . Useful, decorative, and they look like fun to make!

Gill
                  There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                  (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

looks real nice trout

Comment

I like this project and I agree they will make great gifts. I will have to add these to my list of things to do. The only thing I would do is add a nice bottle of Beaujolais or would I be drinking that while admiring your work.
                      Decisions decisions.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Trout

Nice job on them, After seeing them I'm thinking I may have to get myself a copy of the pattern to make as gifts for some family member that love wine or sell them to my wine making friends

Eric

Comment

I like them, except for one part. The top part looks to plain to me, almost as if something is missing. If that top part was scrolled with a fancy swirl or something, I think it would look much nicer. Would that screw up the laws of physics, or laws of gravity or whatever it is that makes it stand on its own. The extra work on the top part would do something to the fulcrum point I would think, but I'm sure that could be worked around. Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

hey Dale..

if you go back to the first post you will see that there are 3 different styles of holder to choose from with this pattern....

scrolling the top differently wouldn't make any difference...
                            what makes this thing stand up is the 55 degree angle that you cut on the bottom and how you position the bottle in the hole...

Trout
                            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Trout,
                              I saw a neat one in - maybe Wood magazine - it was shaped like a fish. You might have fun with that, too. Those practical things are soooooo cool.
                              Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                                Today, 05:39 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                                Today, 05:26 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Rolf
                                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                                Today, 04:32 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Rolf
                                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                                Today, 04:19 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                                Today, 03:47 PM
                              Working...
                              X