3 word arts projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 word arts projects

I started these three days ago, took off New Years Day and completed them today.
    The Hope Springs Eternal (7 1/2 x 9) pattern is by Paul Boer and Joe Hoksbergen from the the May 2011 issue of CWWC. It is cut in 3/8 maple with a #2 ST blade.

The Living Well (3 1/2 x 9)and Curmudgeons (3 1/2 x 11) are original designs and both are cut in walnut scraps I had left over from other projects; 7/8 thick for the Living Well and 1 1/8 thick for the Curmudgeons. I cut them both with a #7 ST blade. I created them in Print Shop and used Tribune at 160 points set to bold.
    I think that I would add a diagonal brace from the A and the O of also to the M and the E of curmudgeons to strengthen it if I cut it again.
    If anyone wants the patterns I can scan them into a form that I can post.

As usual, all constructive comments and criticisms that improve my scrolling skills, are greatly appreciated.

george

hope springs eternal.jpgliving well.jpgcurmudgeons.jpg
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Never seen these pieces of word art before , like your work ..............MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Nicely done and I'm sure some folks would like to have the patterns if you find the time to share em...
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

George, sweet, I like the designs, I like the thoughts behind them and they were all very tidy cuts.

I'm sure the patterns would be very welcome if you have the time to put them up.
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

I would love to have your pattern. Thanks. These are wonderful projects.
          DeWalt 788

Comment

patterns for word art

Thanks for the nice comments folks. Here are the patterns for curmudgeons and living well. The only way I know to post them is as jpg thumbnails. I would suggest saving them as downloads and then importing them into a photo editor and enlarging them to any size you want. As I said originally, I think that adding a brace from the A and the O of also to the M and the E of curmudgeons would make it more stable.

I will also try to post them in the new patterns forum.

george

curmudgeons.jpg living well.jpg
            Last edited by sawdustus; 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM.
            A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
            George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

I love it, and thank you for sharing your patterns.

Comment

Thank you, George! Well appreciated!

Paul
                www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X