My quiet weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My quiet weekend

A couple of unexpected rainshowers messed up my plantin' and plowin' plans, so I took to the shop ....I know, tough life huh ? actually I really wanted to get some grass seed in , but with this red clay I gotta break up the ground some first .....clay turns to clumps when it gets wet so that was out of the question

This one I did for a neighbor ( The young mother and child ) . The grandmother recently passed and they wanted one for the mom ( center ) for Christmas. I actually stack cut this one so they could have a copy as well
    4 generations.JPG 4generations (2).jpg

1/4 red oak ply with spirals

The Shop Widow and I met about 3 1/2 years ago and while we were dating her feline companion of 18 years passed. She found the pic over the weekend and asked if I could do something with it

muffin.JPG Muffin (2).jpg

1/8 cherry ply with spirals

I also did some of the cancer ornaments and took a stab at some other Christmas and Halloween things. Not too bad a weekend considering what some folks got to do
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Robert - how sweet of you to be thoughtful enough to make an extra for the lady as well. and I am sure your widow loves her Muffin. you should find a hobby though-- to much time on your hands causes your brain to turn to sawdust lol

Sharon

Comment

Robert.
      Good job on the family, but I love Muffin! And the choice of a font is perfect.
      Perhaps my judgement is a bit skewed - my elderkat took his final trip yesterday, so I am still a bit misty-eyed.
      I'll bet your SW will love it!
      Sandy

Comment

Oh Sandy, how sad . It's awfully hard when you lose a loved pet and I hope elderkat passed peacefully.

Those are lovely patterns, Robert. The picture of Muffin reminds me of my dog who used to enjoy sitting on the window. His son was an absolute spitting image and was coincidentally named - Muffin!

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Very, very nice Robert! Both the cuttings and the sentiment.

Sandy, I am sooo sorry for for your loss.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

very nice work on the scrolling Robert you've done another excellent art work
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

No rest for the wicked eh Robert? Very nice job on both!
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Robert - OUTSTANDING JOB!!!!! Man, you are getting good!!!! All we have to do now is wean you off'n that scroll crack (spirals) and all will be right in the world.

Sandy - I am soooo sorry for your loss. Whom ever said money can't buy love never bought a dog or cat....
                ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Wonderful work Robert, I agree with Sandy on the font.

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Bless you and yours.
                  CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                  "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                  Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Awesome work Bro I think your starting to enjoy scrolling lol

Am sorry for your loss Sandy
                    Charlie
                    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X